Senior Research Analyst-Polling Institute
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494065
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Quinnipiac University's invites applications for a Senior Research Analyst at Quinnipiac University's Polling Institute to support the Director and Associate Director in managing day to day survey research processes with a primary focus on data collection and analysis procedures. You will also support the director in all aspects of survey script creation, data analysis and special projects, as well as running data reports for internal and external use.
This position has the opportunity to be fully remote.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's "The Best 380 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Assist with questionnaire writing
- Assist with data analysis for publication in media releases, podcasts, social media, and university website
- Report survey data in various formats for internal and external analysis
- Provide a variety of research information to support poll needs such as census data, exit poll information, and election results
- Assist the Director and Associate Director of the poll with special projects
- Provide assistance when and where needed to support data collection and analysis processes
- Program survey scripts and reports using data collection and analysis software
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree in political science, psychology, and other social sciences or public policy, and other related fields preferred
- A minimum of two years of work experience involving quantitative research methods is preferred. SPSS, STATA, SAS, HTML or CATI script writing experience is preferred, but other programming experience is acceptable
- In-depth awareness and understanding of current American politics
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Reliability and a positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility in work hours and assignments is needed in this news-driven environment with frequently changing priorities
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel is required
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend