Quinnipiac University seeks a visionary, results-oriented, and highly collaborative corporate relations professional to join the institution as the inaugural associate vice president (AVP) for corporate partnerships. Reporting to an exceptional vice president for development and alumni affairs early in his tenure, the AVP will serve on the development senior leadership team and be responsible for establishing and advancing multi-faceted connections between Quinnipiac and corporations and major non-profits, as well as managing those connections across all academic and administrative units of the university. In doing so, the AVP will develop, implement, and manage strategic partnerships for purposes of mutual benefit of the university and its corporate and non-profit partners. Among the initiatives the AVP will seek to advance with key partners are immersive learning opportunities, internships, apprenticeships and clinical rotations, employment of graduates, executives teaching at Quinnipiac, programs for employee upskilling, lifelong learning and adult degree completion, and grants and services. The AVP will also attract and expand corporate philanthropy on behalf of the university.
The AVP will have a deep passion for the mission of an outstanding university committed to educating a diverse student body to become contributing graduates and enlightened citizens prepared for 21st century careers.
Quinnipiac has grown tremendously since its establishment in 1929. Classified as a Carnegie doctoral granting institution, the university has eight professional schools and a college of arts and sciences. Current enrollment includes nearly 10,000 undergraduate and graduate, medical, and law students, with an impressive endowment of $700 million. Quinnipiac’s more than 60,000 alumni are leaders across the world. Under new direction, the division of development and alumni affairs has experienced unprecedented growth and momentum. The institution has more than doubled prior annual fundraising totals, surpassing $17 million in the last fiscal year, and recently completed a feasibility study and strategic planning process that has set the stage for an ambitious comprehensive campaign. Corporate partnerships will play a critical role in Quinnipiac’s future growth and there is enormous support for this newly created role among the president, executive leadership, and university trustees.
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's "The Best 380 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
Following are the broad objectives for the position:
- Initiate and cultivate relationships with senior executives at corporations and major non-profits to advance university partnership opportunities and new revenue streams, to include:
- Immersive learning
- Internships, apprenticeships, clinical rotations, employment placements
- Part-time teaching by executives
- Co-development of undergraduate and graduate courses aligned with corporate needs
- Adult learning, badges, certificates, employee upskilling, and degree completion programming
- Corporate grants
- Outsourcing of services to corporations
- Corporate philanthropy
- Design and facilitate the university’s first ever partnership council to coordinate corporate account management across the university
- Create opportunities for faculty and university leadership to interact with corporate leaders and prospects
- Develop proposals for corporate donors and prospects, steward relationships, and achieve increasing corporate philanthropy
- Identify emerging industry trends and talent needs
- Work collaboratively across campus with colleagues in academic affairs, sponsored research, career advising, the Quinnipiac Poll, integrated marketing, and the university’s Center for Experiential Education to advance corporate engagement in and support for the university design
- Implement a system of metrics to track success
The successful candidate will bring many of the following professional qualifications, characteristics, skills, and personal qualities:
- 10-15 years of executive experience in business development and senior relationship-building
- Understanding of the higher education industry
- Demonstrated capacity to produce results against established metrics
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach.
- High degree of self-motivation, energy, persistence, and follow-through
- A high level of integrity and trust
- Exhibit the credibility, political savvy, and sophistication to effectively engage and partner with key internal and external stakeholders
- Be a self-starter with a clear set of urgent priorities
- Ability to work with diverse populations in a complex environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, presentation, and communication skills
- A positive attitude with high standard of personal integrity and professionalism
- A commitment to advance the cause of higher education and the mission of Quinnipiac University
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Jack Gorman is leading this search with Grace Zakim and Sandeep Kaur. For more information, to submit a nomination, or to apply for this role, please visit: https://www.imsearch.com/search-detail/S8-211
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit https://www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.