Per Diem Registered Nurse
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494033
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||The Per Diem Registered Nurse will provide primary and acute care to students with a wide range of chronic and acute illness and injury, under the supervision of the medical director, provider and director. Health care is provided to students at Quinnipiac University within the accepted professional nursing standards and scope of practice, in addition to Student Health Services Policies and Protocols. The Registered Nurse must be able to work between the hours of 8am-8pm, Monday-Friday, and include 12 hours shifts. Weekend coverage is expected, 9a-5p. The Registered Nurse will be expected to assist with orientations, Flu and PPD clinics. Per diem nurses are expected to work a minimum of either 8 hours /month or 32 hours /semester if shifts are available. The Per diem nurse will be expected to keep up to date on requirements for the health center.
|Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” Quinnipiac has been named a “Great College to Work For” as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Assess the physical and psychosocial health status and concerns of the student, per protocol, in order to make appropriate decisions of health management and referrals.
- Preform triage responsibilities to include assessment, medical history, vital signs, and prepare student for provider appointment.
- Collect data in consultation with a provider (MD, APRN, PA) and communicates findings in the medical record.
- Manage the plan of care for students by monitoring therapeutic responses and record the responses in the student’s medical record.
- Comply with confidentiality requirements as set by HIPAA, FERPA, federal, state and local regulations.
- Supervise work study students.
- Collaborate and oversee the medical assistant.
- Assist students, parents, staff and faculty with questions or concerns in a timely manner or make necessary referrals.
- Review incoming medical records for accuracy for immunization and state health requirements.
- Keep work area cleaned and stocked with all supplies.
- Monitor for expired supplies and order supplies as needed
- Answer telephones and emails as needed.
- Provide education to student
- Follow up on lab results and referrals.
- Assist with programming such as PPD clinics, Flu Clinics, Health and Wellness Fair.
- Contribute to a supportive, healthy and safe work environment.
- Participate in Student Health Services staff meetings, training programs and other campus partner programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- 3-5 years of experience
- Effective time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Knowledgeable in the use of EHRs
- Ability to stand/walk for full 12 hour shift
- Ability to bend, squat, reach, lift, carry, push and pull 25 lbs. regularly and on occasion may require the ability to lift up to 100lbs
- Ability to follow Universal Precautions for potential body fluid exposure
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and/or a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend