Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions/Transcript Evaluator
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494028
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University's Office of Enrollment Management invites applications for an Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions/Transcript Evaluator. The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of the transfer credit evaluation process; including the evaluation of course work completed at other institutions and college level/AP examination results for high school students. This candidate will work with Associate Deans to develop working relationships to strengthen the transfer admissions process and coordinate on and off-campus events. This position will also work closely with Senior Assistant Director to determine overall transfer marketing campaigns, advertising and yield campaigns/communication.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's
Best Colleges issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's
The Best 380 Colleges. Quinnipiac has been named a
Great College to Work For as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Transfer credit evaluations
- Travel in and out of Connecticut to two-year institutions, focusing on recruitment and relationship building within these institutions
- Review and make decisions on transfer applicants, along with the Senior Assistant Director of Admissions, as well as freshman applicants from specific freshman territory
- Work with the Senior Assistant Director to provide on-campus events to transfer population
- Work closely with Senior Assistant Director in creation/updates of letters, help determine marketing plan and execute with assistance of admissions marketing director and IMC liaison. Includes, but is not limited to: recruitment (advertising, print, radio, email/social media campaigns), nurture of applicant pool and yield campaigns
- Develop tools that streamline the evaluation process and provide information to students and members of the QU community regarding transfer equivalencies and the policies that govern them, specifically working with Transferology
- Maintain reports and statistics for transfer population. Slate experience required
- Represent the University at on and off campus events including but not limited to college fairs, open house programs and Admitted Student Days, as well as college fair programs and conferences within their small freshman territory
- Institutions and college level/AP examination results for high school students
- Conduct information sessions and interviews both virtually and in-person.
- Develop a strong working relationship with Deans and program directors as working closely and informing prospective students about credit equivalencies at Quinnipiac
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in higher education enrollment services environment, admissions, records, and/or evaluations
- Experience with a Student Records Database or similar ERP system
- Prior experience working with Transfer Credit and familiarity with Colleague student information system is preferred
- Experience analyzing and interpreting college/high school transcripts, documents, process requirements and university policies regarding admissions and enrollment
- Knowledge of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Experience in communicating admissions and or student services policies and procedures to community college, university, or high school constituents
- Experience with CollegeSource’s Transfer Evaluation System (TES)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Valid driver's license
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend