Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494020
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Quinnipiac University invites applications for a Proofreader to join its Office of Integrated Marketing Communications. The Proofreader ensures that the text contained in various materials is free of errors, easy to read and conforms to university style guidelines. The position requires a passion for reading and writing, a sharp eye for detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
The Office of Integrated Marketing Communications is responsible for university-wide brand and marketing communications strategy, planning, execution and reporting across all university communications channels.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's The Best 380 Colleges. Quinnipiac has been named a Great College to Work For as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Proofread copy for printed and online platforms, including Quinnipiac Magazine, university academic catalog, student handbooks, viewbooks, brochures, web content, and special assignments as they arise
- Review drafts to ensure the work is free of errors; correct any grammatical, punctuation and/or spelling errors; and maintain a consistent style (e.g., use of hyphenation, capitalization, punctuation, etc.)
- Ensure the writing is easy to read and fits the university’s editorial style
- Fact check content to ensure accuracy of facts, dates, names and statistics
- Work closely with designers, writers and content producers to review copy
- Consult with producers to prioritize projects and ensure timely delivery
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism or related field required
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a solid knowledge of English spelling and grammar
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and maintain high-quality work while adhering to tight deadlines
- Familiarity with AP style guidelines
- Meticulous nature and an eye for detail
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently and with a team
- Fluent in Microsoft Office products and Adobe Acrobat’s commenting tools
- Experience with Wrike (or similar project management tool), CourseLeaf and/or Episerver a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend