Marketing Writer and Editor
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494019
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Quinnipiac University invtes applications for a Marketing Writer and Editor to join its Office of Integrated Marketing Communications. In this role you will write, edit and help manage marketing and advertising content across all channels as part of the Integrated Marketing Communications team. You will also write and edit content for the university’s print and digital channels, including Quinnipiac Magazine and Quinnipiac Today.
The Office of Integrated Marketing Communications is responsible for university-wide brand and marketing communications strategy, planning, execution and reporting across all university communications channels.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's The Best 380 Colleges. Quinnipiac has been named a Great College to Work For as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Write, edit and manage marketing and advertising related copy and content across all channels, including digital advertising, print advertising, social media, video scripts and marketing collateral (brochures, postcards, internal newsletters, etc.)
- Support the launch and continued execution of the new university activation platform/campaign
- Produce web content including brand stories, profiles and news articles that hero the Quinnipiac brand, occasionally on tight deadlines. Work with IMC colleagues to develop multimedia narratives
- Collaborate with university faculty, administration and staff to generate story ideas
- Write news stories, features and profiles for Quinnipiac Magazine and Quinnipiac Today
- Cover lectures, panel discussions and other special events for website, newsletter and magazine use
- Interview students, faculty, administration and staff for web and print content
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, PR, English or Mass Communications required
- 3-5 years of experience in writing and editing
- Excellent writing and editing skills with a keen understanding of the special requirements needed to write compelling and effective marketing and advertising materials
- Ability to leverage the power of words in bold storytelling and to recognize the importance of brevity to achieve goals
- Creativity and ability to tailor the style of writing to reflect the audience
- Relentless eye for detail, with excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation skills
- Great interpersonal skills to work effectively with contributors, designers and university faculty/administration
- Strong organizational skills to produce content within tight deadlines
- Experience with content management systems required
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend