Digital Content Specialist
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494018
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Quinnipiac University's Office of Integrated Marketing Communications invites applications for a Digital Content Specialist to serve as a writer, producer and content manager responsible for the creation and implementation for marketing and communicating about academic experiences. This includes, but is not limited to, content production for each School’s web page on QU.edu. This role will be accountable for analyzing and optimizing all school-related pages on an ongoing basis, including writing and content production for all academic-related website needs.
The Office of Integrated Marketing Communications is responsible for university-wide brand and marketing communications strategy, planning, execution and reporting across all university communications channels.
The Academic Marketing team within IMC is focused on providing strategy, leadership and overall management/support for marketing and communications efforts at the school/college level to directly support enrollment efforts for our undergraduate and graduate programs.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's The Best 380 Colleges. Quinnipiac has been named a Great College to Work For as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Collaborate to write, produce and manage the development and implementation for all academic digital content production on qu.edu for all 8 schools and the College of Arts & Sciences
- Become a contributing member of the school’s support staff on all web-based communications efforts, providing direction, leadership and/or overall management/support.
- Manage the execution of assigned projects, while ensuring consistency and communications effectiveness across all audiences and channels.
- On an ad hoc basis, contribute school-related story writing for qu.edu, QU Magazine as well as student/faculty profiles and event coverage
- Work with Marketing Directors to identify, analyze and address content voids, deficits, rot and opportunities
- Work directly in the CMS to author, edit and publish digital content
- Partner to support the development of strong partner-based relationships with deans, associate deans, program directors and faculty that enables strategic marketing consultation that links brand, school and program-level messaging.
- Work with Enrollment Management team to write school-related web-based content in accordance with annual and short/long-term plans.
- Participate in internal meetings to stay on top of project/team status
- Analyze and optimize school/program content and pages on a continuous and ongoing basis.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years of experience in managing digital content
- Demonstrated exceptional writing and editing ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate
- Experience working within a CMS
- Proven ability to provide strategic communications input
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Demonstrated people and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend