Legal Clinic Administrative Assistant (School of Law)
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493937
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
Quinnipiac University's School of Law invites applications for an Administrative Assistant for its Legal Clinic to provide administrative support for legal clinic and externships course and programs and to provide additional support for law faculty.
In the Legal Clinic, students represent low-income clients under faculty supervision and advocate on public policy issues affecting disadvantaged communities. Cases and projects involve topics such as immigration, prison conditions, tax law, family law, and reentry for individuals who were incarcerated.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's "The Best 380 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
Legal Administrative Services
- Provide legal administrative support for legal clinic and externships
- Perform typing, word processing, using University selected software. Edit work for accuracy, format and punctuation
- Review incoming mail and electronic communications for appropriate distribution and action
Legal File Maintenance
- Maintain client case files, lists, court forms and externship program records.
- Answer all calls from clients, court personnel, students’ site supervisors and process all requests for legal services and externship placements.
- Supervise work study students and assist with administering clinical legal education programs.
- Process on-line requisitions, verifying availability of funds, verifying invoices and reconciling accounts.
- Maintain Client Trust Account: receive and make deposits; prepare disbursements, reconcile all client ledgers monthly.
- Provide administrative services to law faculty.
- Associate's degree required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1 to 3 years’ experience working in high traffic office setting
Be able to read, write, speak Spanish and translate in both writing and orally
A willingness and passion to work with our clients and ability to work with them respectfully
Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
Prior work in a law office helpful
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Outlook)
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Please note this is a Grade 6 position in the Clerical Union. The hourly rate is: $24.96. The work week is 35 hours per week. This position requires the successful completion of a Microsoft Office skills test and background check.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend