Quinnipiac Poll - Public Opinion Telephone Interviewers
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493859
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
The Quinnipiac University Poll's hybrid work model offers opportunities for telephone interviewers to work in house from our state of the art polling center as well as working remotely from your own home. We offer flexible scheduling of evening and weekend hours, paid sick time, and paid training. No experience necessary.
As part of a large and diverse team, interviewers conduct public opinion research using a scripted questionnaire and calling people across the country to collect the nation's opinion on key public policy issues, on state and national elections, and on breaking news issues.
Qualities sought in a telephone Interviewer are: excellent communication skills, active listening skills, attention to detail, energetic personality and patience.
Above all, the Interviewer seeks to ensure excellence in gathering public opinion by upholding the standards of the nationally recognized Quinnipiac University Poll while acting as a representative of the Poll to people around the country.
This position requires sitting for long periods of time and remaining focused at the job on hand.
Remote work opportunities are contingent on applicants meeting certain performance, hardware, and software requirements. You will use your own Windows-based or Apple computer, computer headset and high-speed internet access. In addition, a quiet and private place where surveys can be conducted confidentially is necessary.
Part-time positions available offering $13.00 per hour, evenings and weekends.
Quinnipiac University is responsive to state and national guidelines with regard to masking and social distancing. The Quinnipiac Poll offers safe, clean, and distanced individual glass partitioned work stations.
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's
Best Colleges issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's
The Best 380 Colleges. Quinnipiac has been named a
Great College to Work For as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Effectively conduct public opinion surveys, clearly reading questions from a precisely worded script
- Accurately and clearly enunciate the entire script and in particular, all names mentioned
- Follow scientifically proven processes to ensure random selection for participation
- Read questions in a neutral manner to allow participants the ability to comfortably share all opinions
- High school diploma or GED required
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Fluency in speaking and reading English
- Familiarity with basic computer skills
- Values timeliness and dependability
- Ability and desire to work in a group setting with a diverse population
- Ability and desire to follow detailed instructions
- Flexibility with regard to work days and hours
- Possesses a positive, friendly attitude while adapting to varied personality types
- Ability to politely manage uncomfortable comments and rejection from a called party
- Ability to meet survey quality and quantity standards of the Quinnipiac University Poll
- Ability to work from a private remote location when applicable
- Ability to sit for at least 3 hours with short breaks
- Position requires on-site or remote training
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend