Assistant Director for Student Accounts (One Stop)
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493804
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University invites applicants for the position of Assistant Director for Student Accounts (One Stop). The Assistant Director for Student Accounts (One Stop) is responsible for the oversight of student billing including: invoicing, payment plans, financial aid, and accounts receivables. In this role you will monitor and follow-up to ensure financial accounts are current and reconciled. The successful candidate will have experience with evaluating student accounts in a university setting and possess proven accounting and analytical skills.
|About One Stop:
||One Stop will provide seamless, integrated, and efficient services throughout the entire student life cycle. One Stop will include cross-functional student solutions for enrollment services, financial aid, student billing, registrar functions, parking, housing, and dining. Our staff will offer tailored concierge services to students through all methods of communication including email, live chat, or in person. The goal of this student-centered service is to support the evolving needs of Quinnipiac’s diverse learners and to prepare our students for 21st century careers and citizenship.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's The Best 380 Colleges. Quinnipiac has been named a Great College to Work For as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Oversee payment plans
- Process of 1098T
- Application of late fees
- Handle third party billing
- Manage collections
- Monitor counselor team production and customer satisfaction
- Provide support to counseling team ensuring timely results to student and parent inquires.
- Work closely with university Financial Aid and Billing to ensure current policy and procedures are adhered
- Be proactive to ensure timely student notification of financial deadlines, remittance of funds, removal of financial holds, and student/proxy access to Self-Service payment services
- Optimize team’s workflows to provide best coverage during high-tempo operations
- Ensure counselor training plan is implemented
- With cooperation, training, and support from partner offices:
- Enforce university policy with regard to Registrar, Billing, Financial Aid, Residential Life and Auxiliary Services offices
- Use professional judgement in combination with university policy with regard to holds on students’ accounts in reference to offices listed above
- Use professional judgement to review appeals of financial aid, late fees, registration issues and Q-Card (access) dilemmas
- Attend meetings with other pertinent departments and student organizations that will help shape policies and procedures for One Stop
- Provide efficient and effective referrals for students who need assistance from academic service areas by building active referral networks with academic service colleagues
- Analyze the daily activity of One Stop and make recommendations for improvement
- Develop presentations to explain One Stop mission and objectives
- Additional duties as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Expert analytical thinker and problem solver
- Work experience with university Finance, Financial Aid or Bursar’s Offices
- Experience managing people and teams
- Experience with Institute of Higher Learning
- Result driven with outstanding communication skills
- Experience with ERP/Ellucian (Colleague) and TouchNet systems preferred
- Ability to identify workflow gaps and improve efficiency
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend