Quinnipiac Poll - Assistant Manager of Survey Operations
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493704
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
The Quinnipiac University Poll has an exciting opportunity available for an Assistant Manager of Survey Operations. In this role, you will support the Manager of Survey Operations in all aspects of survey research processes with a primary focus on data collection and analysis procedures.
You will also assist in phonebank management acting as a liaison between Interviewer Operations and Survey Operations; supervise survey testing and translation team within scope of project; run data reports for internal and external use; and spearhead ad-hoc projects as needed, ranging from the development and implementation of a data archiving/management program to research projects involving sample management metrics, weighting targets/schemas, and survey completion rates.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's "The Best 380 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Write browser-based survey scripts using CATI data collection and analysis software on a Linux server, ensuring accuracy for publication of results
- Supervise survey testing and translation team with survey related responsibilities and quality assurance
- Run detailed data table reports for internal and external use
- Provide feedback and proofread survey scripts and press releases for accuracy
- Provide a variety of research information to support poll needs such as census data, exit poll information, and election results
- Assist Manager of Survey Operations with software, hardware, network, and phone related issues; provide technological troubleshooting support to Interviewer Operations and perform routine study server maintenance
- Assist Associate Vice President/Director and Associate Director of the Poll with special projects
- Create graphic visualization of survey data for publication. Publish graphics to social media channels
- Archive and export data using various software packages
- Bachelor's degree in political science, sociology, or related fields required
- A bachelor's degree in another field with 2-3 years experience in survey research will be considered
- Master's degree preferred
A minimum of two years of work experience involving quantitative research methods is preferred, with experience in SPSS, STATA, SAS or similar software packages
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of current American politics
CATI script writing experience is preferred, but other programming experience will be considered
Experience working in a UNIX or LINUX environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
Demonstrated ability with graphic creation and/or data visualization programs and processes
Detail oriented with logical thinking skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Experience supervising others
This fast-moving team requires reliability and a positive attitude
Attention to detail is a must
Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel is required
- Flexibility in work hours and assignments is needed in this news-driven environment with frequently changing priorities
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend