Assistant Equipment Manager
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493668
Campus: York Hill - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University seeks applications for an Assistant Equipment Manager to assist the head equipment manager with the day-to-day equipment operation for our 21 Division I athletic programs across our 2 athletic campuses. This role will serve as the day-to-day equipment contact for our Men’s Ice Hockey program, which includes travel to road contests. In this role, you will also assist the head equipment manager with management of our equipment related contracts.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's "The Best 380 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Adhere to the highest standards of academic integrity and work in compliance with all University and Conference rules and regulations
- Primary Equipment contact for Men’s Ice Hockey – includes attending daily practices, home and road games, skate sharpening, equipment ordering and budgeting
- Assist with the ordering process for all 21 Division I programs and work within team and department budgets
- Assist with uniform distribution, collection, laundering and maintenance
- Assist with management of the laundry services provided to our 21 programs, including management of 30-40 work study students
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2-3 years of experience in managing athletic equipment, including ice hockey equipment
- Must have knowledge of ice hockey. Must be able to sharpen skates, and complete routine tasks required of an ice hockey equipment manager
- Must be able to work well and communicate well with other members of the athletics staff
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook 365 and other similar computer programs
- Must be able to lift over 50lbs
- Must be able to attend 2-3 hour long practice sessions and games
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as the job dictates
- Valid Driver's License
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend