Director of Academic Integrity/Pre-Law Adviser
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493642
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University invites applications for a Director of Academic Integrity/Pre-Law Adviser. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key in advancing Quinnipiac University’s deep commitment to integrity and to student success. The Director will be responsible for: coordinating the academic integrity program; coordinating the 3+3 Bachelor/JD program in collaboration with the School of Law and the undergraduate schools/college; and serving as the undergraduate pre-law adviser. In this role, you will also teach one three-credit course per academic year.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's "The Best 380 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
Academic Integrity (65-75% of time depending on time of year)
- Coordinate all administrative aspects of the academic integrity juridical process as described in the Academic Integrity Policy. Manage the administration of cases from the initial report to the case review and/or hearing; for example, send out academic integrity violation notices; ensure that deadlines are followed; schedule case reviews and hearings as needed; etc
- Design and lead educational efforts regarding integrity on campus
- Maintain confidential academic integrity records; track data of minor and major academic integrity violations, case outcomes, disciplinary actions and sanctions
- Maintain the academic integrity MyQ web site
- Prepare the end-of-year report regarding academic integrity
- Contribute to reviewing and updating policies/procedures related to the academic integrity process
- Assure that information about academic integrity is disseminated on campus
- Serve as chair of the Academic Integrity Board
- Provide procedural and substantive direction on the Academic Integrity Policy to students, faculty and academic integrity board members
- Promote academic integrity on campus
Pre-Law Advising (25-35% of time depending on time of year)
- Advise students across the university regarding their exploration of legal careers and applications to law school
- Assist with the law school application process; advise and review law school essays; help students determine which schools to apply to; help students assess their likelihood of success in the application process and at various schools
- Establish connections with law school admissions personnel throughout the northeast and United States
- Provide information about undergraduate curriculum offerings associated with or preparatory to the study of law, law school programs, admissions standards and procedures & LSAT testing
- Participate in admissions and orientation events as needed in for the 3+3 Bachelor/JD program
- Identify and initiate programs to assist students in their decision to pursue a legal education
- Maintain campus contact with pre-law student groups and with the faculty who assist them
- Collaborate with faculty and administrators in the School of Law and in undergraduate programs
- Review and approve eligibility of internal applicants to the 3+3 Bachelor/JD program; work with the schools in establishing their 3+3 program criteria
- Advise undergraduate students in the 3+3 Bachelor/JD program in collaboration with the School of Law and undergraduate schools/college
- Master's degree required
- Doctoral degree preferred
- Preference for candidates with a juris doctor degree from an accredited law school
- 2-3 years of experience in a higher education academic integrity setting
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills, including active listening
- Experience in training students and faculty in policies and procedures
- Experience in writing and amending policies
- Knowledge of an integrated appreciative advising approach to academic and career advising specific to preparing for legal careers and applying to law school
- Skill in developing approaches where the student is strongly engaged in their learning program and career preparation
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend