||Quinnipiac University has launched the formation of its new One Stop Center initiative and is seeking applicants for an Assistant Director for Auxiliary Services to oversee efficiency and customer service as it pertains to student accounts, parking passes, and other accounts pertaining to the student experience. You will help ensure that One Stop's concierge services operate seamlessly to provide convenient and integrated services for students. In this role, you will report to the Director for One Stop. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of providing outstanding customer service to students, parents, faculty and staff in the above areas.
|About One Stop:
||One Stop will provide seamless, integrated, and efficient services throughout the entire student life cycle. One Stop will include cross-functional student solutions for enrollment services, financial aid, student billing, registrar functions, parking, housing, and dining. Our staff will offer tailored concierge services to students through all methods of communication including email, live chat, or in person. The goal of this student-centered service is to support the evolving needs of Quinnipiac’s diverse learners and to prepare our students for 21st century careers and citizenship.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's The Best 380 Colleges. Quinnipiac has been named a Great College to Work For as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Monitor counselor team production and customer satisfaction. Provide support to counseling team ensuring timely results to student and parent inquires
- Responsible for oversight of university parking and associated efforts: issuance of parking passes, monitoring of public safety issued tickets, and the associated parking software
- Work closely with Residential Life and Student Affairs to ensure current policy and procedures are adhered to and housing assignments and meal plans are accurately attached to student account
- Responsible for counseling team being proactive to ensure timely student notification of housing assignments and deadlines, dining plans, parking procedures and passes, and other campus functions as necessary
- Optimize the team’s workflows to provide best coverage during high-tempo operations
- Ensure counselor training plan is implemented
- With cooperation, training, and support from partner offices:
- Enforce university policy with regard to Registrar, Billing, Financial Aid, Residential Life and Auxiliary Services offices
- Use professional judgement in combination with university policy with regard to holds on students’ accounts in reference to offices listed above
- Use professional judgement to review appeals across student experience
- Attend meetings with other pertinent departments and student organizations that will help shape policies and procedures for One Stop
- Provide efficient and effective referrals for students who need assistance from academic service areas by building active referral networks with academic service colleagues
- Analyze the daily activity of One Stop and make recommendations for improvement
- Develop presentations to explain One Stop mission and objectives
- Additional duties as necessary
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Experience in higher education student focused setting
Specific experience with university auxiliary services, including, but not limited to: Parking, Housing, Student Affairs, Dining or Residential Life
Ability to manage multiple priorities and administer broad range of tasks including resolving complaints, coaching and counseling personnel on policies and procedures.
Experience with use of ERP/SIS, preferably Colleague or Adirondack
Ability to independently exercise discretion and business judgment in making decisions related to student accounts
Ability to work independently and contribute as part of a team
Ability to collaborate, influence and communicate with campus partners and have the capacity to deal with a wide range of relationships and situations.
Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft 365 suite
Demonstrated strong skill set in customer/student focused environment
Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks
Effective oral and written communication skills to answer questions, facilitate communication across departments, and provide training to staff
Close attention to detail and accuracy with a strong work ethic
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.