2. Campus Services
3. Residential Life/Student Affairs
4. Parking Enforcement
1. Armed First responder, conduct security patrols of all Quinnipiac properties 24/7 hours a day, year-round. A vehicle may be assigned, depending on the patrol area assigned. Otherwise areas are patrolled by foot or bicycle (if available).
2. First responder to all emergencies on campus to protect life and property.
3. First responder to all emergencies off campus with the Hamden Police Department.
4. Conduct preventive patrols and routine security checks of all off campus building and structures.
5. Look for possible criminal activity, persons needing assistance as well as maintenance issues. Report any maintenance issues to the Facilities Department.
6. Detain persons who commit offenses in the presence of a Public Safety Officer and turn custody over to the Hamden Police Department.
7. Respond to all emergencies on campus and request additional response if needed.
8. Armed Public Safety Officers shall be responsible for all Criminal Investigation complaints and reports.
• Campus Services
1. Secure (arm/disarm) alarms in most administrative and academic buildings on a set schedule throughout the week.
2. Secure and unlock buildings upon request by faculty, staff and facility personnel.
3. Ensure that any hazard a problem may pose is made as safe as possible including attempting to remedy the problem entirely.
4. Serve as emergency notifying agency for Facilities related issues after business hours.
5. Work with responding personnel (Hamden Police, Fire Department, Utilities, EMT's, Paramedics) in handling medical emergencies on campus.
6. Provide delivery service for sensitive items/materials such as paychecks and other important materials.
7. Assist students with arrangements for lock out or jump starts through a company of their choice.
8. Set up barricades and other traffic controls to assist various Facilities projects and arrange for the towing of vehicles out of restricted areas.
9. Perform any other duty as directed by Chief of Public Safety or his designee.
Residential Life/Student Affairs
1. Respond to all reported disturbances, emergencies, and suspicious circumstances in the residence halls and report findings when necessary.
2. Assist RHD staff in handling uncooperative or confrontational residents, and non-affiliates in the residence halls.
3. Perform room searches upon request of RHD staff and authorized by a supervisor.
• Parking Enforcement
1. Enforce all parking regulations in all campus parking lots.
2. Patrol the parking areas during the enforcement hours.
3. Issue citations to vehicles found in violation of the parking regulations.
4. Arrange towing of vehicles when the offence warrants.
1. Document in a report any affiliates found disturbing the campus or committing minor criminal offenses or violating campus regulations. When appropriate, forward this report to Hamden Police, and the office of Student Affairs.
2. Complete all required reports and associated paperwork in a timely, accurate, and complete fashion.
3. Comply and enforce administrative policies and procedures.