Program Director, Quinnipiac in Los Angeles
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493598
Campus: Los Angeles
The School of Communications at Quinnipiac University seeks an innovative and entrepreneurial Program Director for our Quinnipiac in Los Angeles program. The Program Director reports to the Dean of the School of Communications and is responsible for administrative oversight of the program, as well as serving as the primary point of contact for students during their internship search and throughout their time in Los Angeles. This is a 12-month administrative position, based in Los Angeles. Occasional travel and work at night or on weekends is required.
QU in LA is an experiential learning opportunity that allows students to spend a semester or a summer interning in Los Angeles, completing course work, and immersing themselves in the diverse media and cultural opportunities unique to Los Angeles and Southern California. QU in LA is a signature program for the School of Communications in particular, and for the University more broadly. While the program primarily serves Communications students, it is available to the entire University and also serves students from health sciences, business, law, and the disciplines within the College of Arts and Sciences. The School is seeking to capitalize on past and recent success, expand the program further, and increase the Quinnipiac footprint in Los Angeles.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to three core values: high-quality academic programs, a student-oriented environment, and a strong sense of community. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships with companies, agencies and firms in Los Angeles to create student internship opportunities
- Work with students in a career development capacity in the pursuit of attractive and appropriate intern positions
- Organize and facilitate events and activities that enhance the educational and professional experience
- Establish and maintain relations with local and program alums
- Manage the program budget
- Maintain an active and accurate database of internship contacts and leads
- Attend to student safety and security
- Negotiate housing contracts
- Communicate and work effectively with Quinnipiac University offices to promote the sharing of information to stakeholders, provide support to students, and mentor and monitor students
- Promote the QU in LA Program to both current and prospective students
- Promote Quinnipiac University generally, and the QU in LA program specifically, with external audiences
- Uphold University standards of conduct
- Other duties as requested
- A master’s degree in the field of communications (i.e. Public Relations, Advertising, Journalism, Film, Media Studies, Media Management, Digital Design, and other related fields) is required
- 5+ years communications experience (i.e. Public Relations, Advertising, Journalism, Film, Television, Digital Design, or other related fields) required
- Valid driver's license required
- Previous supervisory or management experience of students or staff is highly desirable
- A background in teaching or in a student affairs capacity within higher education is a plus
- Ability to approach this position in a collaborative manner
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and remotely with minimal supervision
- Professional connections in Los Angeles or the ability to develop lasting connections on behalf of Quinnipiac
- Facility with instructional technologies, enrollment and budget management systems, and social media platforms
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and/or a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter including your thoughts on the LA internship market and the opportunities that exist, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend