Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493578
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
||Quinnipiac University's Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine invites applications for the position of Standardized Patient. Standardized Patients are individuals who will be trained to portray a patient in a medical situation for the purpose of student learning and evaluation. Students enrolled in medical, nursing, and health sciences schools will perform medical interviews and/or non-invasive physical examinations on Standardized Patients.
Candidates should be interested in learning basic medical terminology and protocol. They should be willing to be trained in case portrayal and to subsequently perform that function in a consistent manner with several groups of students. Candidates should be interested in learning how to accurately evaluate students on their performance and how to appropriately deliver feedback to students about their clinical skills to support their development.
Pay: $18.00/hour (Time spent training and in the Standardized Patient role will be paid.) This is a part-time position which is not benefits-eligible.
Hours: The expected hours will vary up to 20 hours a week - based on student needs. The expected hours will vary week to week.
Availability to work either mornings or afternoons, Monday – Friday, between 7:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m. is necessary, but hours can change weekly. Availability to work evening hours, Monday-Friday is recommended but not necessary. This is a part-time position which is not benefits-eligible. Candidates should not expect this position to be a steady source of income or a regular schedule.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu.
- Memorize and role-play detailed and complex patient scenario scripts in a consistent manner.
- Evaluate students’ and provide one-on-one feedback about their examination performance.
- Be a model for students to learn and practice physical exam maneuvers. Repetitive exams will occur and may cause discomfort.
- Participate in training sessions as required.
- High school diploma or GED required
- College preferred
- Excellent memorization skills needed to learn detailed patient scripts
- Willing to participate in non-invasive physical examinations
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to provide students constructive feedback
- Ability to use computers to watch videos, complete checklists, and type comments
- Must check email and online scheduling software regularly and be able to open Word/PDF document email attachments
- Must be reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Commitment to engage in providing an academic and work environment that respects the contributions, talent, and diverse experience of all of our students, faculty, and staff
||At this time, we cannot consider anyone who is in one or more of the following statuses:
Standardized Patient Frequently Asked Questions: Click Here
- Enrolled as a student at Quinnipiac
- Under 18 years old
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend