Assistant Director of Law Admissions/Coordinator of Inclusive Outreach
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493553
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
Quinnipiac University School of Law invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of Law Admissions/Coordinator of Inclusive Outreach. The assistant director will join the admissions team at the school of law in attracting and enrolling a diverse class. Reporting to the associate dean of law admissions, the assistant director is responsible for active participation in all recruitment functions (on- and off-campus); coordinating and planning on-campus recruitment events; managing the law admissions diversity recruitment efforts; and reviewing and evaluating admissions files. The role requires significant travel - especially during the fall semester.
|About the School of Law:
||The Quinnipiac School of Law is a collaborative and diverse community of students, teachers and legal professionals dedicated to educating the “whole lawyer” — one who embodies deep personal and professional values, thinks holistically about client needs, and applies a thorough and nuanced understanding of the law to make a measurable impact on society. Our core values of diversity and inclusion are vital to achieving justice for all people without bias or discrimination. The School of Law respects the backgrounds, life experiences and viewpoints of everyone in our community. Our program blends rigorous classroom instruction with extensive practical training. Our faculty members are accomplished attorneys, respected scholars and mentors who represent a broad range of legal specialties. We enjoy robust partnerships with more than 350 externship field sites across the Northeast. We run eight on-campus law clinics and three student-edited scholarly journals. Our competition teams in Moot Court, Mock Trial, and Dispute Resolution regularly win regional tournaments and represent our school at the national level. Our graduates consistently achieve outstanding results on the Connecticut Bar Exam and go on to secure employment in exciting positions that require or prefer a law degree. The School of Law is accredited by the American Bar Association and is a proud member of the Association of American Law Schools.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's The Best 380 Colleges. Quinnipiac has been named a Great College to Work For as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Counsel and correspond with prospective and admitted students on the admissions process
- Represent the law school by traveling to and participating in recruitment fairs, forums, panels and individual school visits
- As part of the admissions team, plan, organize and implement all aspects of on-campus admissions events
- Coordinate and manage law admissions diversity recruitment efforts in support of the law school’s strategic plan to foster inclusive excellence
- Foster relationships with diverse applicants, undergraduate pre-law advisors and pre-law groups (specifically at schools with significant URM populations), community-based organizations and other affinity organizations
- Assist with Admissions Ambassador Program
- Develop a social media plan and manage law admissions social media channels to help build a talented and diverse student body
- Assist with the initial review and evaluation of admissions files
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree required
- JD or other advanced degree preferred
- Work experience in an admissions setting with strong customer service or similar work environment required
- Experience in working on diversity recruitment in a college/university admissions office
- Advanced cultural competency with a continuing dedication to growth in the changing language of diversity
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications
- Ability to work with and enjoy speaking to a diverse group of constituents
- Strong skills in the areas of organization, data analysis, social media technology, public speaking, interpersonal relations, and MS Office suite
- Knowledge of ACES2, Slate, and Colleague software is a strong plus
- Willingness to contribute to a team-oriented environment, multi-task, and plan for and seamlessly integrate constantly shifting priorities to support the goals of the admissions office
- Candidates must have the ability to work some evenings/weekends, and travel as needed
- A valid driver’s license is required
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend