The Financial Analyst is a key collaborator in a holistic fiscal strategy that promotes Quinnipiac’s strategic priorities while maintaining effective and efficient allocation and use of academic resources. In alignment with QU’s mission, goals and initiatives for learning, research and student engagement, the analyst will provide support for academic planning, budgeting and resource management to the schools, institutes, centers and programs under the oversight of the provost. Reporting to the vice president for academic innovation and effectiveness, the analyst works closely with school/college deans and the Offices of Enrollment Management and Budget & Financial Planning on enrollment targets, multi-year forecasts, academic endowment fund management, and other aspects of Quinnipiac’s integrated strategic financial planning process, which is characterized by an incentive-based resource allocation model, enhancing each unit’s decision-making authority while efficiently serving the University and supporting the strategic plan.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's The Best 380 Colleges. Quinnipiac has been named a Great College to Work For as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Provide consultation, as needed, to academic units to develop models and forecasts of student enrollment, academic program revenue and expenses, business plans for new programs and strategic initiatives, academic cost saving initiatives, joint programs/business plans between academic divisions, and other initiatives.
- Review and analyze academic operations in alignment with QU’s strategic priorities and goals to ensure planning for the support of academic initiatives is effective and uses human, space, and financial resources efficiently. Make recommendations to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of academic operations and space management.
- Develop a revised business plan model for new programs and program modifications that allows for a comprehensive assessment of the financial viability and an ongoing plan for monitoring programs on an annual basis.
- Develop, monitor and manage budget accounts under the direct oversight of the Provost.
- Provide consultation, as needed, to the school deans on the development of academic financial plans, multi-year forecasts and annual budgets for review and approval by the Provost, CFO and President.
- Coordinate common projects regarding academic resource management activities and initiatives.
- Assist and improve data gathering process in an ongoing effort to continuously improve data quality.
- Gather, analyze, and clean data from multiple sources, including in-house data warehouse and external benchmark data sources. Improve and rewrite reports to maintain accuracy and compensate for changes due to increased data growth, business process changes, and new systems.
- Analyze data to discover and interpret trends, patterns and relationships and present visualizations for senior leadership to take action.
- Proactively design and develop standardized reports based upon recurring or critical requests.
- Develop and automate dashboard metrics and analysis of academic resource allocations and operations. Create reports to communicate data points allowing for strategic decision making.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An appropriate earned advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting, resource management, financial planning, and data analysis
- Ability to run reports and organize large amounts of data from a variety of disparate sources; a strong attention to detail; and a high level of organization and time management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong customer service orientation
- Proven experience using appropriate database tools and software for data extraction and cleaning and appropriate statistical packages for data analysis
- Strong analytical, project management, critical thinking and problem-solving skills to meet key stakeholders needs
- Able to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Understanding of academic operations, space allocations, enrollment management and student success within the context of a comprehensive university is preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to serving a diverse community, fostering an inclusive environment where everyone is valued and respected, and working effectively within an environment that values shared governance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to respond with equanimity to frequently changing requirements and priorities
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.