Director for Business Operations (One Stop)
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493545
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Quinnipiac University is excited to announce the formation of its new One Stop Center. We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated leader to serve in a new capacity as Director of Business Operations for One Stop. The Director of Business Operations will collaborate and manage the operational activities of the student-centered One Stop and lead integration across multiple university constituencies.
One Stop will provide seamless, integrated, and efficient services throughout the entire student life cycle. One Stop will include cross-functional student solutions for enrollment services, financial aid, student billing, registrar functions, parking, housing, and dining. Our staff will offer tailored concierge services to students through all methods of communication including email, live chat, or in person. The goal of this student-centered service is to support the evolving needs of Quinnipiac’s diverse learners and to prepare our students for 21st century careers and citizenship. This role will have a focus on the creative implementation of new and existing structures while providing daily leadership and assessments of key performance and project metrics.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of:
- Implementing operational efficiencies that ensure effective customer service in a higher education setting
- Developing long-term operational strategies and efficient workflows to support our students in these cross-functional areas
- Leveraging data using the university’s applicable technology applications
and other systems to provide business analytics and trends to internal and external stakeholders to ensure an outstanding student experience
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's The Best 380 Colleges. Quinnipiac has been named a Great College to Work For as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Implement solutions to support: the onboarding of students, all billing and collection activities, registration, enrollment support, financial aid, auxiliary services and other high volume processes
- Lead and manage creative projects within enrollment touch points across entirety of student life-cycle and review existing process structures and all associated business practices and technologies
- Manage all associated technologies with direction from AVP/University Registrar, including, but not limited to: Ellucian Colleague, Courseleaf CAT, Adirondack Solutions, SAP Business Objects, National Student Clearinghouse, Informer, EMSDevelop online support for hosting & providing student solutions, working closely with University’s Interactive Media Communications (IMC) Office
- Monitor team production and customer satisfaction. Make timely decisions to implement changes to fill gaps in customer service support and timely responses
- Analyze data collection to exploit trends and resolve issues.
- Oversee office training plan
- Ensure integration of legacy and/or new systems in concert with the University’s IT Support Team
- Optimize team’s workflows to provide best coverage during high-tempo operations Ensure protection of sensitive information, enforcement of FERPA, and that University policies and protocols are followed
- Manage Assistant Director for Technology and Assistant Director of Business Operations
- Additional duties as necessary
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience may substitute for some of the above education
- 5-7 years of experience in enrollment services, financial aid, admissions, bursar services, or other student-focused areas
- Experience with ERP/Ellucian (Colleague) systems preferred
- Demonstrated strong experience managing staff in high volume setting within Higher Education Enrollment Services or related functions
- Proven success in project management of all scopes
- Track record of providing successful digital-led outreach to students in all aspects of the student life cycle
- A proven ability to manage operational processes for maximum efficiency
- Demonstrated experience with data analysis and metrics, using business management or ERP software to evaluate data and make operational decisions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with all community stakeholders
- Track record of effectively managing and leading a team
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend