Quinnipiac University has a compelling new opportunity for a Dean of Admissions to strategically lead the undergraduate and graduate admissions programs (including online degree programs) at Quinnipiac University. Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Dean of Admissions is the principal recruitment officer for Quinnipiac University, providing leadership and direction to the University’s effort to maximize and sustain enrollment consistent with the University's goals and strategic plan. Quinnipiac is committed to building on a culture of inclusive and academic excellence by recruiting diverse and talented classes of students. This position offers a highly visible opportunity to collaborate and work with new university leadership across all levels to create an accessible and supportive educational experience. The Office of Admissions is part of the Enrollment Management Division which also includes Enrollment Marketing, Enrollment Technology and Financial Aid.
The Dean of Admissions will oversee and guide all aspects of the admissions process including recruitment strategies, budget management and coordination of marketing efforts to craft the Quinnipiac story for prospective students and their families.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have proven leadership and extensive experience with effective marketing and admissions strategies in the higher education realm
- Be knowledgeable of modern trends and technologies in an ever-changing recruitment market to address recruitment at all levels of the admission funnel
- Have the ability to effectively communicate data to a lay audience and use the data to develop relevant admissions strategies
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's The Best 380 Colleges. Quinnipiac has been named a Great College to Work For as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Oversee the overall strategy, recruitment planning, and evaluation of new students across all academic departments.
- Develop and implement a strategic and dynamic recruitment plan while managing a team effort toward understanding and grasping the ever-changing trends in student interest and enrollment behaviors.
- Train, develop and lead the admissions teams for outreach, recruitment, application review, selection, and enrollment.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for academic Deans and program directors over the course of the admission cycle.
- Use available technologies to forecast enrollment trends, identify new territories and evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment initiatives in conjunction with Enrollment Marketing.
- Ability to develop and refine file review process within a competitive college selection framework.
- Develop best practices for recruitment and recommend innovative strategies to attract, enroll and retain students.
- Collaborate with Enrollment Marketing and oversee outreach efforts including travel planning, on campus and virtual admission events (open houses, admitted student events, etc.). Coordinate recruitment efforts with marketing initiatives to maximize return on investment.
- Serve as principal coordinator for pipeline programs and affiliations with various partner institutions including community college and high school affiliations.
- Supervises recruitment budget for Graduate and Undergraduate programs. Works with the Vice President for Enrollment Management to create and implement the recruitment budget.
- Assist Enrollment Marketing to maintain accurate student-focused content on all communication platforms including the website, social media, print materials, etc.
- Assist in the establishment and effective communication of enrollment goals and means to achieve them within the division.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in higher education admissions
- Demonstrated experience implementing strategic marketing and recruitment methods
- A proven track record in the identification, admission, recruitment and enrollment of prospective students, comprehensive and strategic enrollment planning, and shaping classes to meet the University mission.
- Familiarity with and appreciation of traditional, nontraditional, transfer, graduate and non-degree seeking student recruitment.
- A commitment to equity, fairness, and demonstrated success in enrolling students from diverse backgrounds.
- Familiarity with recruitment CRMs (Slate preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven experience serving as the outward facing representative of an admissions department
- Experience managing budgets to achieve operational goals
- Analytical, data-informed, and outcomes-oriented; experienced in data analytics and funnel management. Experience with enrollment management technology platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with marketing for the recruitment of students.
- The ability to engage current students, faculty, alumni, and parents in the recruitment and enrollment of all new students.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead an energetic team; recognize the skill sets and talents of the staff and provide professional development opportunities to enhance them.
- Experience supervising professional level staff required.
- Ability to establish strong relationships with internal and external constituencies.
- Ability to develop and mentor staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to write concisely, express thoughts clearly, and develop ideas in a logical sequence.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to complete assignments in a timely manner, balancing the demands of concurrent and potentially competing projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.