||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” Quinnipiac has been named a “Great College to Work For” as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Utilize university software to assist members of SGA and student organizations in managing organizational finances including budget transfers, fund distribution, reimbursements, purchasing card usage, petty cash, budget creation and tracking, expense reports, record keeping, etc.
- Coordinate with SGA the distribution and monitoring of the Student Government purchasing card or other payment methods, keep an accurate account of all financial transactions, and ensure student organizations are kept abreast of their financial situations.
- Utilize university software for correspondence, gathering and maintaining data, forms, meeting minutes, schedules, mailings/mail merges, preparing, formatting and distributing reports & proposals, etc. Edit work for accuracy, format, spelling, punctuation, and construction while assuring timely completion of all material.
- Organize and maintain a filing system for all financial records, data, and information to ensure rapid retrieval of all materials at any time.
- Assist SGA with the budget presentation to the student senate, executive board, and student body following finance committee approval.
- Work with SGA members to support and implement programs, events and initiatives. Assist with the organization, preparation, and ordering for SGA receptions, information sessions, open houses, and other events as-needed.
- Review and respond to incoming mail, messages, and digital correspondence for appropriate and timely distribution and action.
- Provide timely and professional responses, as well as outstanding customer service to all students, faculty, staff, parents, community members, and other stakeholders.
- Participate in special projects, training, and staff meetings as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
- This is a part-time, 20 hours per week position
- It is a Grade 5 position in the Clerical & Technical Union
- The hourly rate is $23.40
- This position requires the successful completion of a Microsoft Office skills test and background check
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.