Full-Time School of Medicine Faculty: Clinical Arts and Sciences Assistant Course Director
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493318
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
The Frank H. Netter MD, School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University seeks applicants for a full-time faculty position in the Department of Medical Sciences with expertise in Clinical Medicine and will serve as the Assistant Course Director for the Clinical Arts and Sciences (CAS) course. The Clinical Arts and Sciences course is a contemporary introduction to clinical medicine that aims to teach foundational clinical skills in a safe, collaborative environment incorporating experiential learning in both simulated and real clinical settings in the first and second year of the medical education program.
The position will be filled at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor.
|About the School/Program:
||The Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University is a diverse community of active learners, faculty and partnering clinicians who are fully committed to patient-centered care. Named after the famed medical illustrator, Frank H. Netter, MD, the medical school honors his legacy with a clear vision of wellness and a dedication to practicing medicine with precision and a sense of humanity. The MD program is intentionally designed to combine essential clinical skill building with the development of patient-centered skills, guided by faculty, advisers and community physicians. The faculty members and administrators are renowned educators, scholars and experts in their respective medical specialties. The Netter school maintains a strong network of clinical partners and affiliates in New England. The medical school is fully accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education and is a member of the Association of American Medical Colleges. In March 2020, the fourth graduating class matched to prestigious residency programs located in 22 states plus the District of Columbia.
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” Quinnipiac has been named a “Great College to Work For” as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
Under the supervision of the CAS Course Director:
- Develop, coordinate, deliver and assess curricular materials independently and in collaboration with other faculty members for all components of the CAS Course both on campus and in clinical sites.
- Ensure that students learn basic and advanced Patient Centered Interviewing, history taking, communication, physical exam, procedural skills and clinical reasoning skills in a safe and collaborative environment.
- Assist in the recruitment, retention, and evaluation of physicians who teach in the Foundations of Clinical care (FCC) and Medical Education Student Home (MeSH) Program.
- Design and analyze course evaluation data for continuous quality improvement.
- Work in partnership with the course director to ensure course content is aligned and consistent with LCME standards.
- Collaboratively work with the course manager and course director to ensure effective course administration and delivery.
- Teach in the Clinical Arts and Sciences Course.
- Work closely with the Associate Dean for Faculty Development as well as the CAS Course Director to design and deliver CAS faculty development sessions.
- Advise and mentor medical students regarding academic, curricular, and career matters.
- Additional responsibilities include scholarly activity and service on committees.
- A minimum of five years’ experience teaching in a medical education setting with evidence of effective teaching.
- Successful candidates must present evidence of an established record of, or demonstrate a strong potential for, effective teaching, and a commitment to work productively with a team of medical educators from clinical and basic science disciplines.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Evidence of potential for innovation and scholarship is also desired.
- Demonstrated commitment to contribute to the diversity and excellence in the academic community and the ability to teaching students from all backgrounds.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend