Director of Advancement Reporting, Data Integrity and Analytics
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493120
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University's Office of Development & Alumni Affairs seeks applications for a Director of Advancement Reporting, Data Integrity and Analytics. This position is a unique opportunity for a fundraising professional well-versed in fundraising databases. In this role, you will be responsible for reporting data from a variety of internal and external databases to ensure data integrity, perform data analysis and provide the data needs of running a robust Development and Alumni Affairs operation. Reporting is to support all events, major gift fundraising, annual fund segmentation and campaign reporting. This position will also assist in training staff on basic reporting for end users and serve as a key member of any future conversions of the database.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” Quinnipiac has been named a “Great College to Work For” as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Extract data from databases to fill ad-hoc requests submitted by staff or to provide data for reports and data updates
- Create and modify reports to track cash giving and campaign reporting. Run these reports monthly and yearly to provide data to controller’s office
- Create key metrics reporting through dashboards to monitor KPIs at the strategic and operational level
- Use reporting tool to extract data to provide a variety of reports. Reports range from simple data list to complex capital campaign reporting
- Use proactive data integrity checks to verify quality of the data on a regular basis and manage staff and the process to correct data discrepancies
- Assist with the planning and implementation of any future data conversions
- Work closely with the AVP of Advancement Services to proactively analyze data to provide feedback on fundraising goals and opportunities
- Integrate social media data to intersect with internal development database that can be used to advance the objectives of Development and Alumni Affairs
- Create training materials and procedures manuals as needed. Train and assist staff in the use of existing data systems and new software
- Other projects as assigned by the Associate Vice President for Advancement Services
- Bachelor's degree required. Computer science related field preferred but not required.
- Master's degree preferred. Management-related field preferred not but not required.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of related experience
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills. Must be extremely detail-oriented
- Experience working in Fundraising. Higher Education in fundraising is highly preferred
- Proven ability with project management skills
- Ability and demonstrated experience in using data reporting tools. Colleague Advancement preferable
- Exceptional MS Excel skills. The ability to use Business Intelligence tools
- Ability and demonstrated experience to quickly learn how to use advanced query and reporting tools on a variety of software products
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend