||Quinnipiac University invites applications for the position of Associate Director of Campus Life for Student Centers & Student Involvement. Reporting to the Director of Campus Life, the Associate Director provides strategic leadership within a dynamic office and serves as the manager for the daily operations of each of Quinnipiac’s Student Centers, including a newly renovated bar area. With the assistance of staff, the Associate Director will work to develop and execute dynamic programming while also supporting student event efforts by ensuring all technical, contractual, and support needs are met. In addition, they will be a student advocate, develop innovative practice and policy, and assist with visionary leadership development efforts for undergraduate student organizations. The Associate Director will directly manage marketing efforts for both Student Centers and the Student Centers & Student Involvement functional area.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” Quinnipiac has been named a “Great College to Work For” as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
Student Center/Bar Space Operations
- Develop, plan, and execute programs and services that provide constant welcome, information, support, and convenience for the students, faculty, staff, alumni, guests, and visitors who utilize the Rocky Top and Carl Hansen Student Centers
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the newly developed bar area, as well as the overall operations of both Student Centers
- Create and implement unique, innovative programs within the bar area and student centers to continue improving the student experience and bring Quinnipiac closer to becoming the University of the Future
- Develop and oversee multiple budgets within the area related to the bar area, student center operations, and student organization development
- Seek out and participate in continuous training/certification programs related to bar management
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate student employees with the help from the graduate assistants
- Provide strategic oversight around work study budgets/payroll for student employees
- Oversee and maintain the event/space management process and system
- Advise staff and interact with University departments on effective and safe usage of space for student programs and events
- Position service to provide outstanding support for student leaders, organizations, activities, and events
Supervision & Administration
- Serve in a management role for the Student Centers & Student Involvement area of Campus Life in the absence of the Director
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate multiple graduate assistants
- Approve student expenditures, track expenses, and effectively manage assigned budgets and related fiscal tasks in strict accordance with University policy
Student Leadership Development
- Support and promote leadership development and learning efforts within Campus Life
- Oversee services related to student group operations and leadership including new organization applications, involvement fairs, and other key areas
- Serve as a champion for student leadership development across Quinnipiac through advocacy, positive role-modeling, and a clear commitment to training and development
Marketing and Communications
- Coordinate Student Centers & Student Involvement marketing and social media efforts related to the bar area, student centers, and student events
- Serve as liaison to the Office of Public Affairs and the Office of Integrated Marketing & Communications
- Communicate statistics and develops administrative reports regarding student participation in student organizations, events, training, and space usage
Student Affairs Staff Member:
- Provide strategic vision, leadership, and oversight to multiple integrated areas which collaboratively impact student life
- May conceive, coordinate, implement, and evaluate programs and services associated with other areas in the Office of Campus Life
- Support University programs and initiatives including the Quinnipiac and the Student Affairs strategic plans
- May work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Represents the Division of Student Affairs on assigned university-wide committees
- Attends and/or facilitates trainings, retreats, summits, and planning sessions as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5-7 years of related experience in student development/student affairs
- Strong ability with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Previous experiences with software including EMS Event Management, CampusLabs (or similar), and/or Chrome River
- Demonstrated operational or programmatic experience with a pub/bar in a higher education environment
- Ability to clearly articulate the critical importance around practices of inclusive excellence, justice, and diversity in higher education
- Demonstrated track record of creative problem solving, unique approaches to complex challenges, and a high level of productivity and performance
- Evidences excellent problem solving, conflict resolution, personal judgment and crisis management skills
- Demonstrates strong leadership, program planning, and organizational skills to oversee and develop a multi-faceted area providing a wide range of student services
- Has a commitment and ability to engage students in the learning process through intentional programs and a high level of personal contact
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.