The Department of Marketing at Quinnipiac University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track or teaching-faculty at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor to begin August 2024. The primary teaching responsibility will be in Marketing Strategy/Marketing Management. The successful candidate will also be an active member of the university community by engaging in the development of new programs, university service, advising, and research.
About the School:
The mission of the Quinnipiac University School of Business is to help students develop into enlightened global citizens and thriving professionals and leaders in careers of the 21st century. To fulfill this mission, the school fosters a vibrant learning environment by developing innovative pedagogies, advances an inclusive learning community, supports faculty efforts to advance knowledge and inquiry through research and scholarship, offers stimulating, real-world applied, and immersive learning, and engages with the business community. Our 99.7% placement rate among undergraduates and graduates within 6 months of graduation is a strong index of our success.
The Quinnipiac University School of Business is a dynamic, student-centric community that includes 1450 undergraduate and 550 graduate students. We offer 13 undergraduate majors, 15 minors, 3 dual degree programs, 4 accelerated dual degree programs, and 5 graduate degree programs. We offer on-ground as well as online programs. We are an AACSB-accredited school in business and have earned the distinctive AACSB accreditation in accounting. Our 60 full-time faculty, administrators, and administrative support staff are committed to excellence in teaching, research, and service.
The school is a signatory to the UNPRME. As a part of its vision for the future, the School of Business is constructing a new building to create an environment to enhance student learning and social development while providing faculty state-of-the-art facilities for research, advanced pedagogy, and immersive learning approaches.
Quinnipiac University is a private, coeducational institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university currently has an enrollment of 9,000 students in more than 130 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing, and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Our 21 Division I teams have achieved remarkable success, boasting multiple conference titles. This includes a 2023 NCAA National Championship win in ice hockey, a three-time defending national champion women’s rugby team, and a trip to the Sweet 16 for our women’s basketball team. The Quinnipiac University Poll is nationally recognized as a leader in public opinion research, and the university is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review’s “The Best 388 Colleges.” The university is in the midst of program expansion and renewal for both traditional and adult learners, attraction of diverse communities, development of innovative corporate partnerships, and construction of an ambitious set of capital projects. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and X.
- Develop and deliver experiential, on-ground and online courses in Marketing Strategy/Marketing Management as well as other marketing courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Teach a typical load of 3/3 as a tenure-track faculty member or 3/4 as a teaching-faculty member.
- Maintain an active research agenda appropriate for the position.
- Build external partnerships for curricular development, guest speakers, internships, and job placements.
- Support recruitment, advising, retention, and co-curricular activities for marketing students at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Contribute to the overall supportive culture of the School of Business by participating in workshops, retreats, and other relevant activities.
- Tenure Track Requirements: A Ph.D. in Marketing or a related field from an AACSB-accredited Business School. Candidates who are A.B.D. with a clear completion timeline will be considered.
- Teaching-Track Requirements: A master’s degree with a specialization in marketing or a related field is required. A doctorate is preferred.
- Evidence of effective teaching in Marketing Strategy/Marketing Management at the undergraduate and/or graduate level, preferably in various modalities.
- Expertise in UX or behavioral research and the ability to support the growth of the department’s Behavioral Research and Marketing Insights Lab.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or medical device industry.
- Scholarly activity to meet the Quinnipiac School of Business—AACSB Research Standards.
- Desire to engage in innovative teaching on an individual and team basis.
- Capacity to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and management skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and should include:
- A cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the role.
- A curriculum vitae, including teaching experience/interests, scholarly activity, industry experience, student mentoring, and service activities.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness, including course evaluations.
- Job market paper or other research samples.
- Diversity and inclusion statement, describing your experiences and commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the academic community.
- Contact information for three references on the application form.
A review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.