Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 495540
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Quinnipiac University's Facilities Department invites applications for the position of Custodian. This position is responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of Quinnipiac University buildings, property, grounds, or related buildings.
We have multiple openings with the following shifts, Monday-Friday 7:30am to 4:00pm, Thursday-Monday 7:30am to 4:00pm, and Monday-Friday 4:00pm to 12:30am.
About the Department
The Quinnipiac Facilities Department is responsible for the overall physical plant operations of the University which includes custodial and grounds keeping to mechanical and general repair in buildings. The Facilities Department is comprised of roughly 170 unionized employees on three campuses which span more than 750 acres and over 3.1 million square feet. We pride ourselves on preserving and enhancing the beautiful atmosphere for all students, staff, and visitors.
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 9,000 students in more than 130 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review’s “The Best 388 Colleges.” The university is in the midst of program expansion and renewal for both traditional and adult learners, attraction of diverse communities, development of innovative corporate partnerships and construction of an ambitious set of capital projects. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and X.
- Sweep, dust, mop, clean windows, washes walls, cleans lavatories, polishes metal and wood, wash, strip, and wax floors
- Collect and dispose of rubbish
- Lock and unlock premises; move furniture
- Aid in setting up for events as required
- Shovel snow and sand in the immediate area around doorways
- Grounds work around immediate vicinity of buildings
- Minor preventive maintenance inside and outside of buildings
- Use hand tools to facilitate cleaning
- Unclog toilets, sinks, and showers with the aid of a plunger
- Change ceiling tiles, (including cutting tiles by consent)
- Work from 8-ft ladder in order to facilitate cleaning
- Change incandescent and fluorescent light bulbs
- Spot painting (no patching)
- Platform cleaning by consent
- Other related work as required
- Previous experience in maintenance and custodial duties
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- CT Driver's License required
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
- This is a union position with an hourly rate of $17.68 for first 180 days, then $18.04.
- Available shifts include Monday-Friday 7:30am to 4:00pm, Thursday-Monday 7:30am to 4:00pm, and Monday-Friday 4:00pm to 12:30am.
- This position requires successful completion of a physical demands exam, drug screening, and background check. The physical demands exam includes but is not limited to lifting up to 25 lbs., push/pull, and climbing.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend