Student Support Liaison - School of Nursing
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 495005
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
||Quinnipiac University's School of Nursing invites applications for a Student Support Liaison. This position is an integral member of the nursing team and reports directly to the School of Nursing Dean. The position is responsible for recruiting, enrolling, educating and supporting Quinnipiac nursing and health science studies students who are participating in programs through the School's CT Health Horizons Grant. The student support liaison closely collaborates with the Innovative Programs Manager, Deans, Chairs, Program Directors, and Faculty while supporting the students’ education and pipeline into the health care workforce with our Hartford Healthcare (HHC) partners.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls more than 9,500 students in 110 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as both a best-value school and a top national university, and has also earned recognition in Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges". Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook and follow Quinnipiac on Twitter and Instagram @QuinnipiacU.
- Communicates with students in the School of Nursing and School of Health Sciences about opportunities through the CT Health Horizons Grant
- Collaborates with QU nursing and health science faculty advisors and program director(s) to identify potential students for the CT Health Horizons Grant programs
- Coordinates with HHC lead managers/educators to ensure education and training program calendar align with student availability and the university calendar
- Collaborates with HHC personnel for training space, and equipment, including supplies, clinical settings, and the Center for Education Simulation Innovation (CESI)
- Provides a positive, student-centered learning environment which enables students to attain success.
- Maintains communication with students to assist them in achieving outcomes
- Meets one-on-one with students on a regular basis to monitor their success during training and then, during their employment at HHC
- Supports processes and procedures for promoting instructional quality and application of learned skills
- Monitor and document student progress
- Support student enrollment in the Certified Nurses Aid Training and Patient Care Associate Training program at HHC
- Represents the School of Nursing’s strategic initiatives, mission, vision, and values
- Collaborates with dean’s office staff, program chair and director regarding student engagement and success in innovative program
- Adapts and develops as a student support liaison in response to the dynamic nature of nursing education and patient care roles
- Completes other projects as assigned
- Master’s degree in Nursing or relevant field
- Registered Nurse- unencumbered license in Connecticut
- Experience working with in registered nursing education programs
- Demonstrated history of collaborative work within a team environment
- Familiarity with registered nurse program curricula
- Familiarity with training requirements and curricula for certified nurses’ aides and patient care associates preferred
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong educational and mentoring skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with the healthcare team
- A student-focused mindset
- Relevant teaching philosophy
- Proficient use of computer technologies
- Ability to problem-solve
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines is essential
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend