Assistant Director of Law Admissions
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494831
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
||Quinnipiac University's School of Law invites applications for an Assistant Director of Law Admissions. The Assistant Director of Law Admissions will join the admissions team at the school of law in attracting and enrolling a diverse class. Reporting to the director of law admissions, the assistant director is responsible for active participation in all recruitment functions (on- and off-campus); coordinating and planning on-campus recruitment events; managing the law admissions diversity recruitment efforts; and reviewing and evaluating admissions files.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls more than 9,500 students in 110 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as both a best-value school and a top national university, and has also earned recognition in Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges". Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook and follow Quinnipiac on Twitter and Instagram @QuinnipiacU.
- Counsel and correspond with prospective and admitted students on the admissions process
- Represent the law school by traveling to and participating in recruitment fairs, forums, panels and individual school visits
- Plan, organize and implement all aspects of on-campus admissions events
- Develop and manage law admissions diversity recruitment efforts in support of the law school’s strategic plan to foster inclusive excellence
- Foster relationships with diverse applicants, undergraduate pre-law advisors and pre-law groups, community-based organizations and other affinity organizations
- Responsible for the Admissions Ambassador Program
- Assist with the development of a social media plan and manage law admissions social media channels to help build a talented and diverse student body
- Assist with the initial review and evaluation of admissions files
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor's degree required
- JD or other advanced degree preferred
- 1-3 years of work experience in an admissions setting with strong customer service or similar work environment required
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications
- Ability to work with and enjoy speaking to a diverse group of constituents
- Strong skills in the areas of organization, data analysis, social media technology, public speaking, interpersonal relations, and MS Office suite
- Knowledge of Unite, Slate, and Colleague software is a strong plus
- Willingness to contribute to a team-oriented environment, multi-task, and plan for and seamlessly integrate constantly shifting priorities to support the goals of the admissions office
- Ability to work some evenings/weekends, and travel as needed
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend