Strategic Enrollment Data Analyst
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 494368
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||The Strategic Enrollment Data Analyst will play a key role in enhancing Quinnipiac’s existing data infrastructure and reporting systems to provide actionable information regarding enrollment predictions and trends. Working with deans and colleagues in admissions/enrollment, budget/finance and the provost’s office, the Strategic Enrollment Data Analyst will serve as the lead for analyzing and forecasting student enrollment, retention and financial aid metrics for budget planning purposes. In so doing, the Strategic Enrollment Data Analyst will play a lead role in empowering university stakeholders to make data-driven, strategic decisions to formulate, propose, and implement optimal enrollment strategies. The Strategic Enrollment Data Analyst will report in the Provost’s Office.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 6,800 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in more than 140 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Computing and Engineering, Education, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's "Best Colleges" issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in The Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges." Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. Please visit qu.edu for more information. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the university's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st-century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities, and fostering lifelong connections and success. The university believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The university's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Track, analyze, and forecast results based on enrollment trends to inform institutional leadership decision-making regarding budget and resource allocations; assist the schools and colleges manage their budgets by providing tools to forecast enrollment and revenue at the program level.
- Create and maintain models of actual student flow through the institution and use those models to simulate the effect of proposed changes to budget and enrollment practices, as well as to make short-term and long-term enrollment projections, project future enrollment, retention and graduation rates.
- Analyze, visualize and build predictive data models to assist leadership in managing enrollment strategically from the moment students first enroll at Quinnipiac through graduation.
- Utilize statistical and machine-learning techniques to discover patterns in QU enrollments trends and provide insights based on analysis of student retention and enrollments.
- Develop a set of standardized reports and dashboards for regularly monitoring student enrollment data throughout the cycle to actuals vs goals and detect anomalies that could indicate need for tactical change.
- Master’s Degree in a field related to higher education and/or data analysis/statistics.
- 3-5 years of experience in higher education enrollment and/or data management.
- Comprehensive understanding of student behaviors in higher education, including retention, transfer, change of major, graduation, and other enrollment patterns.
- Skilled in the use of data to develop analytics dashboards and user-friendly reports, related to student flow at QU (retention, transfer, change of major, graduation, and other enrollment patterns).
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with Deans, department/chairs, and others to identify and resolve data projections for classes for each major/program of study.
- Adept at building queries to extract, aggregate, and clean data and to ensure reporting accuracy.
- Advanced data analysis skills including statistical analysis and machine-learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend