||Quinnipiac University invites applications for the position of One Stop Student Service Counselor. The Counselor will advise, investigate, problem-solve, and resolve questions across the enrollment pathway in multifaceted activities associated with prospective and current students in areas of Enrollment Services including Admissions, Financial Aid, Registration, Billing, Residential Life and Auxiliary Services (Dining and Parking Pass) as well as other related student support services such as academic advising, orientation, transcripts, graduation, and tax information across all campus locations.
|About One Stop:
||One Stop will provide seamless, integrated, and efficient services throughout the entire student life cycle. One Stop will include cross-functional student solutions for enrollment services, financial aid, student billing, registrar functions, parking, housing, and dining. Our staff will offer tailored concierge services to students through all methods of communication including email, live chat, or in person. The goal of this student-centered service is to support the evolving needs of Quinnipiac’s diverse learners and to prepare our students for 21st century careers and citizenship.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's The Best 380 Colleges. Quinnipiac has been named a Great College to Work For as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service via walk-in traffic, phone, live chat, and email by demonstrating effective listening, diplomacy, timely direction, and availability to all inquiries. Specific expertise in invoicing, billing, and collection related functions, while using Colleague/ERP equivalent.
- Utilizing tact and discretion, identify/contact students (via telephone and email) with delinquent accounts to arrange repayment. Working within parameters set by the University, exercise independent discretion in arranging repayment terms and conditions with students.
- Serve as conduit for external/internal contact for timely resolution of issues including but not limited to student, parent/proxy with offices of the Registrar, Billing, Financial Aid, Residential Life, Admissions, Veterans Affairs, academic programs, Auxiliary Services and/or third-party entities.
- Advise students about student loans, promissory notes, student debt, and the verification process. Complete Tungsten Invoicing for Dept. of Veteran Affairs (VA). Advise students on dining plan options and adjusting program levels.
- Educate students’ usage of MyQ, Q-Start, Self-Service, and associated application functions.
- Proactively educate students on the implications of their decisions in reference to above responsibilities.
- With cooperation, training, and support from partner offices: enforce university policy regarding Registrar, Billing, Financial Aid, Residential Life and Auxiliary Services offices.
- Use professional judgement in combination with university policy regarding holds on students’ accounts, review appeals of financial aid, late fees, registration issues and Q-Card (access) dilemmas in reference to offices listed above.
- Participate in assessing the daily activity of One Stop, make recommendations for improvement and assist in the development of presentations for One Stop mission and objectives.
- Complete enrollment certification and verifications as required.
- Assist with the production of the annual university catalog.
- Assist with the delivery and confirmation of transfer AP credit status, posting of information to student records.
- Process all transcript requests according to FERPA regulations and Registrar Office procedures, including, but not limited to: Research requests captured on microfiche, reconcile transcript requests against outstanding balances or degree requirements to ensure timely follow-up, and monitor vendor provided touchless transcript requests against Colleague to ensure ongoing system efficiencies.
- Supervise student workers as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years of experience in higher education in a high-volume setting
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Admissions, Financial Aid, Billing experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||This is a Clerical Union position, Grade 7, starting hourly rate $26.06. This position requires the successful completion of a Microsoft Office skills test and background check.
The hours of operation for One Stop are Monday-Thursday 8am-7pm, Friday 8am-5pm.
Three shifts with required flexibility:
Monday – Friday 8am - 4pm
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Monday – Thursday 11am – 7pm, Friday 9-5pm
During peak, high volume periods, weekend work may be required.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.