Assistant Controller for Asset Management and Business Activities
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493581
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Quinnipiac University invites applications for an Assistant Controller for Asset Management and Business Activities. The Assistant Controller for Asset Management and Business Activities will have primary responsibility of preparation of monthly reconciliations relating to Accounts Payable, Accruals, Prepaid Expenses, Fixed Assets and will oversee as well as perform various other support of daily operating activities within the Controller organization, as described below. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying and implementing more efficient solutions to existing processes relevant to asset management and business activities, as well as being a key resource for internal stakeholders regarding financial policies related to their areas.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Colleges issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's The Best 380 Colleges. Quinnipiac has been named a Great College to Work For as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Review and oversight of monthly reconciliation of Accounts Payable, Accruals, Agency Accounts, Prepaid expenses, and Fixed Assets
- Review all voucher register reports, update for changes and authorization of daily voucher packages, identify specific requirements for all expenses reviewed (e.g., identify 1099 eligible vendors, entertainer tax requirements, etc.)
- Review all procurement card and voucher transactions to ensure proper accounting as well as associated back up for capital purchases, and prepaid expenses
- Review & upload ChromeRiver Exports/encumbrances into Colleague daily, as well as be able to work with IT on more efficient processes for workflows
- Oversees and monitors Positive Pay within eTreasury website
- Review/Approval of inter-departmental transfer requests
- Manages the annual inventory of Fixed Asset Listing and ensure unused assets are appropriately disposed
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures related to respective areas
- Responsible for aiding in the training of community related to respective areas
- Serves as a resource in preparation of applicable tax filings, as required
- Other projects and duties, as required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- 5-7 years of experience in management of complex automated financial systems, financial statement preparation and budgeting/financial controls
- Higher education experience preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to function independently while operating effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to communicate accounting matters to non-financial university constituents
- A solution-oriented problem solver possessing forward-thinking perspectives that embrace process improvement and change
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism, leadership, creative problem solving, diplomacy, and the ability to manage complex projects with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- An active learner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend