Residence Hall Director
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493339
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University's Department of Residential LIfe seeks applications for a Residence Hall Director. The Residence Hall Director is a member of the residential life professional staff and reports to a member of the senior staff. The Residence Hall Director is a 12-month, live-in appointment. Residence Hall Directors shall maintain as their sole residence the apartment provided on campus. Residence Hall Directors supervise 8-13 paraprofessional staff members. The Residence Hall Director is responsible for exercising independent judgment and discretion in the management of a residential area and for the coordination of one or more of the following responsibilities: summer housing, early arrivals/late departures/break housing, move in crew, late night lounge, diversity and inclusion, social media, residence hall council, web resources, publications/print materials, housing software projects, and outreach and education for students.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” Quinnipiac has been named a “Great College to Work For” as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Supervise and evaluate paraprofessional staff members
- Establish, communicate, and maintain expectations of staff members according to office guidelines
- Assist with the development and execution of a comprehensive training program for paraprofessional staff
- Assist in the development and implementation of the residential curriculum
- Represent the university as the on-call administrator
- Implement, interpret, and enforce University policies and procedures
- Serve as a primary conduct meeting officer
- Investigate and resolve student grievances
- Manage building occupancy and track changes in housing database
- Partner with the Office of Facilities to oversee maintenance of residence hall facilities
- Participate in office processes including but not limited to recruitment and selection of paraprofessional staff, residence hall openings, closings, and room selection
- Manage individual residence hall budget
- Advise and support area councils in collaboration with the Residence Hall Council
- Serve on office and divisional committees as assigned
- Participate in seminars, workshops, conferences and regional professional associations
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned
- Master's degree in College Student Personnel, Higher Education Administration or related field required
- A minimum of 2 -3 years of residence hall experience is required
- Post-graduate work experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and/or a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Supervisory and administrative skills
- Experience with creating and executing programs
- Independent decision-making abilities
- Advanced knowledge of student development and a strong commitment to the profession
- Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects
- Required to travel from building to building and between multiple campuses
- Will have 'on-call' responsibilities which require walking up and down stairs, performing rounds in and outside of the buildings, and responding quickly and in person to emergencies
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend