Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493127
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University seeks applications for an Academic Specialist for The Learning Commons. The Academic Specialist will work as part of a team of professional staff members who function as consultants to students, faculty, and staff in implementing retention strategies specific to Quinnipiac University. The Academic Specialist will serve as a nexus for retention strategies, academic outreach, and academic resources for students and the faculty and staff who work with them.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” Quinnipiac has been named a “Great College to Work For” as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Develop strategies aimed at identifying and supporting students who are at risk of leaving the University
- Support a wide range of individual students in evidence-based learning strategies
- Assist faculty and staff with academic intervention and support strategies
- Promote The Learning Commons through classroom presentations, open houses, faculty orientations, and other opportunities
- Develop positive working partnerships with faculty, staff, and professional support services on campus and in the community where deemed appropriate
- Serve as a primary resource for users of the University’s CRM software
- Attend conferences, workshops, and meetings pertinent to the responsibilities of this position
- Assume additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by the director
- Master's degree in Higher Education, Education, Counseling or another related field required
- Experience many substitute for some of the above education
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in providing academic support/outreach or skills assessments to college-age students
- Excellent organization skills
- Attention to the detail of significant data collection, archiving and review
- Strong data analysis skills: cognizant of the need for and participate in direct measurement of the effect of the program
- Strong communication skills: proficiency in both small group and one-on-one settings
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend