Secretary, School of Nursing
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493103
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
||Quinnipiac University invites applications for the position of Secretary, School of Nursing. This position will perform secretarial and clerical duties as well as provide faculty/administrator and student assistance to support the School of Nursing.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Administratively support School of Nursing personnel in the performance of their duties, as directed by the business operations and administration supervisor.
- Maintain phone coverage and greet visitors and students, take messages, relay information and answer questions. Handle high public contact efficiently and professionally. Have knowledge of Quinnipiac procedures, catalog, and the student handbook; answer questions within scope of knowledge and authority.
- Review and route incoming mail for appropriate distribution and action.
- Use University’s database and other office productivity software, fully and effectively. Perform duties such as create correspondence, meeting minutes, spreadsheets, report, grants, forms and memos. Edit work for accuracy, format, spelling, punctuation and construction. Assure timely completion of all materials.
- Gather and enter data for the preparation of various report/documents.
- Organize and maintain a filing system for all pertinent department/program data so this it is readily accessible.
- Arrange meetings as required, notify participants, and arrange for all materials, food, facilities, AV equipment and support functions.
- Assist with the organization, preparation and ordering for receptions, open houses, information sessions and other University events.
- Provide coverage for other clerical staff in the School of Nursing as requested (as directed by the supervisor).
- Assist with travel arrangements as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Knowledge of secretarial procedures, computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and multitask within a fast-paced environment while maintaining professionalism and confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter and contact information for three references on the application form.
- Please note this is a Grade 5 position in the Clerical & Technical Union
- The hourly rate is $22.49
- Workweek is 35 hours per week
This position requires the successful completion of a Microsoft Office skills test and background check.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend