Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493096
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University's Health & Wellness Center seeks applications for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant. The APRN/PA will provide comprehensive urgent and primary care to students with a wide range of chronic and acute illness, under supervision of the medical director and director. The APRN/PA will work between campuses. This is a 36-week position, 16 hours per week. The schedule is Monday through Thursday, 4 - 8 PM.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” Quinnipiac has been named a “Great College to Work For” as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Provide direct clinical care to the student community
- Perform physical and specialized examinations and manage common illnesses and injuries
- Collaborate with medical director, director, RN staff, counselors, and others in the care of student patients
- Perform role in a non-judgmental and non-discriminatory manner in accordance with policies
- Screen and brief intervention to address health risk reduction
- Order and interpret diagnostic testing and make therapeutic decisions including prescribing and or administering medications within the scope of state regulations
- Monitor student patient outcomes and initiate changes in treatment plan based on response and document in the health record in a timely manner
- Coordinate student patient care including referrals and collaborating with other treatment providers
- Comply with HIPAA, FERPA, federal, state and local regulations
- Participate in Student Health Services staff meetings and training programs
- Participate in interdisciplinary meetings with counselors/psychiatrist
- Contribute to a positive, supportive, healthy and safe work environment
- Participate in activities within the Division of Student Affairs as appropriate
- Other duties as requested
- Master's degree as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant required
- Experience may substitute for some of the above education
- Licensed in the state of Connecticut as an APRN or PA with prescriptive privileges, including current DEA license
- CPR/AED certification
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in college health, primary care, family practice, urgent care, or in an ambulatory setting in a NP or PA role, with a focus on caring for the young adult/adult population
- Ability to work independently in clinical practice
- Strong interest and background in teaching
- Sensitivity to a diverse community and a demonstrated ability to provide culturally competent and sensitive medical services to a racially, ethnically, and culturally diverse population
- Experience with electronic medical record systems, office equipment, laboratory procedures, and word processing programs
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Exhibit excellent clinical and communication skills
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend