Temporary Part-Time Digital Content Writer
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493086
Type: Part-time, Temporary
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Quinnipiac University's Office of Integrated Marketing Communications seeks applications for a temporary, part-time digital content writer position. In this role, you will be part of a creative and innovative marketing team that offers cross-platform marketing solutions to departments, offices and schools across Quinnipiac. You will support the Office's marketing & communications efforts in providing editorial and content creation services for the re-imagine and re-launch of our university website. This position reports to the Senior Director of User Experience & Engagement.
The new website will provide dynamic content that serves as a reflection of the character, values, excellence and energy found in our community—bringing to life the countless reasons why our university is such a special place to a broad range of important audiences.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” Quinnipiac has been named a “Great College to Work For” as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- As a creative and dynamic writer, ensure that effort is aligned with Quinnipiac’s strategy and that content is accurate, engaging, and tailored to the goals, medium and audience
- Support the copy and content development for the site launch project
- Edit, proofread, and fact-check for a related range of multi-channel projects
- Use integrated marketing and messaging techniques to create and reshape a single message across a variety of media, including web, video, social media, and print
- Work closely with visual designers, digital producers, other visual and editorial content creators, and marketing directors to ensure the highest quality and effectiveness in marketing communications
- Bachelor's degree required
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in journalism, communications, marketing or related field
- A minimum of five years of experience editing and writing for digital projects, including web and social. A portfolio of writing samples is required for your application
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, including the ability to adapt to, work within and maintain an established editorial style
- A proven ability to create a wide variety of compelling written materials on diverse subjects in various media, tailored to audience
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate with a wide range of colleagues and collaborators
- Ability to write on deadline in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with multiple assignments
- Ability to excel independently and in a team environment
- Familiarity with social media platforms and blog and web content management systems
- Possess a willingness and ability to support and promote a diverse and inclusive campus community
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include:
- A resume
- A cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A portfolio of writing samples
- Contact information for three references on the application form
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend