University Director of Financial Aid
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493050
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University invites applicants to apply for the University Director of Financial Aid. The University Director will provide leadership and strategic vision for the operations and activities of the Office of Financial Aid. The University Director is responsible for overseeing a seamless financial aid operation and superior service to financial aid applicants, their families, and members of the university community. As a highly visible representative of the Enrollment Management team, the University Director of Financial Aid establishes policies, procedures and guidelines regarding the effective and efficient distribution of financial aid among applicants and enrolled students, while meeting the institution's overall enrollment goals.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
Oversee all matters in the administration of the University’s financial aid program to ensure the compliant and effective delivery of student financial assistance including but not limited to:institutional Title IV compliance with federal, state and college policies by maintaining the integrity of financial aid processes and data to ensure sound fiscal and compliance performance.
- Work collaboratively with University departments to promote and support activities related to the recruitment and retention of students, institutional fiscal management, and integrity of the University’s academic programs, policies and records.
- Provide professional/technical expertise to the Office of Financial Aid and staff and campus community.
- Provide high school counselors, parents, and current or prospective students with information concerning the financial aid application and award procedures.
- Oversee the college's default rate management and debt management strategy.
- Oversee the accurate and timely submission of required federal, state and other agency reports. Act as primary financial aid contact during program audits.
- Preparing weekly, monthly and periodic reports for internal and external constituencies (Federal, State, regulatory agencies, accreditors, auditors etc.)
- Monitor and maintain financial aid practices by participating in state, federal and professional association workshops and conferences, to ensure applicable federal and state laws, regulations, best practices and College policies are current, and being utilized.
- Attend events for both incoming and returning students as required to support the enrollment team and providing quality student service.
- Oversee the Process of Satisfactory Academic Progress and Scholarship Appeals.
- Work in Conjunction with the Office of Veterans and Military Affairs in awarding Post 911 GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon.
- Participate in and contribute to various university committees.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Advanced degree strongly preferred
- 7-10 years of professional related work experience
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations as related to the areas of financial aid and student academic records
- Track record with computerized systems, including Department of Education and Ellucian Colleague systems as well as general software applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience providing financial aid services in higher education
- Demonstrated supervisory skills to direct and coach a diverse, high-performing staff
- Excellent interpersonal communication, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations
- Ability to set work priorities, manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend