||Quinnipiac University seeks applications for a Director of Summer Programs and Planning. This is a full-time, 12-month position. In this position, you will serve many populations, including middle and high school students, college students, adult learners, parents, athletes, working professionals, retirees and other populations from diverse backgrounds. You will be responsible for the creation of revenue generating programs that are non-resident and in-residence, capitalizing on the range of talents and expertise of faculty and staff of Quinnipiac University, and the outstanding academic, athletic, and residential facilities of the University. Summer programming will encompass academic, arts and athletic curricula, e.g., in science, engineering, communications, health, business, the arts, writing, and more. Programming will also include athletic programs and camps. The summer program populations are distinct in their desire for various study options including non-credit, credit, online offerings, and summer camps. Given the complexity of summer programming, this is a year-round endeavor that requires direction of design, marketing, logistics, and delivery of complex programs, as well as coordination with university partners.
Reporting to the Provost, and collaborating closely with deans, faculty, staff, athletic program directors and coaches, you will collaborate and coordinate with units and partners across the university to ensure outstanding program quality, delivery, and revenue generation.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, entrepreneurial, creative and accomplished administrator who partners with other campus units to identify program needs and opportunities, and then oversees design and successful execution of those programs for a variety of audiences.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Provide the vision for and strategic management of Quinnipiac University’s summer programming including the identification and design of summer sessions that appeal to a wide and diverse audience.
- Partner with university leadership including the board to establish and meet initial goals and set the future strategic direction of the program.
- Implement and oversee an innovative strategy designed to increase revenue. Prepare financial and revenue reports, such as balance sheets, revenue models, and analyses of future earnings and expenses. Ensures revenue goals are met.
- Lead all aspects of summer programming to deliver high-quality programs; oversee logistics, curriculum, goals, and daily schedules.
- Establish and maintain community partnerships to assist with recruitment of traditional and non-traditional student populations.
- Create and execute an aggressive internal and external communications plan, including website, marketing videos, social media, and newsletters for outreach efforts to assist with recruitment strategies.
- Work closely with campus departments including: Public Affairs, Integrated Marketing Communications, Residential Life, Dean of Students Office, Athletics, International Programs Office on marketing campaigns to coordinate program logistics and bring greater visibility to Summer Programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7-10 years of professional experience in educational leadership positions with an emphasis on the administration of academic programs and program management
- Experience creating revenue generating programs strongly preferred
- Experience with financial modeling and budget management
- Experience developing and implementing strategy from the ground up
- Proven ability to balance strategic needs with tactical day-to-day activities
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion, a dedication to student development (pre-college and college/adult), and the ability to cultivate and build relationships with populations from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience and acumen to develop, implement, and administer policies, and procedures
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with the ability to motivate others
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills