Director of International Student Services
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493039
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University's Department of Cultural & Global Engagement seeks applications for a Director of International Student Services to oversee programs that provide assistance to international students, exchange visitors, international faculty, and their families regarding personal, academic, and immigration-related concerns. In this role, you will serve as primary advocate for international students and scholars with university departments and off-campus entities; assist with developing goals and missions for the Department of Cultural and Global Engagement; and you will assist the enrollment management team with recruiting, admitting, and orienting international students.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” Quinnipiac has been named a “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Supports the Division in its shared vision for enhanced cultural and global engagement for students at Quinnipiac University (QU) by:
- Serving as the university’s Principal Designated School Official (PDSO) and Responsible Officer (RO), ensuring Quinnipiac University students, scholars, and university departments comply with all government regulations regarding international students and scholars
- Completing biannual re-designation and re-certification in addition to annual reports (J-1) and Open Doors reports
- Developing and delivering training and development programs for faculty, staff and students as they relate to providing a welcoming and inclusive campus for international students and scholars, including DACA recipients
- Preparing and disbursing I-20 and DS-2019 forms to allow new international students to contact U.S. Embassies in their respective home countries and apply for a visa to enter the United States, having an official signature approval from the U.S. Government
- Collaborating with enrollment management on issues related to admissions processes for international students and facilitating timely transition from admission to ISO for issuance of I-20 and DS-2019
- Overseeing University compliance with Department of Homeland Security and Department of State by developing and updating policies, training staff, and creating processes for international students and scholars to apply for benefits and maintain non-immigrant status
- Managing department budget and daily operations
- Managing affiliations for all bilateral exchange programs, coordinating invitations by collaborating with various university departments for existing J-1 Exchange Visitors, coordinating pre-approval information and conducting check in and orientation for all new J visa exchange visitors
- Overseeing new and transfer international student pre-arrival processes, communication, resources and information orientations to ensure compliance with system policies and Department of Homeland Security and Department of State regulations
- Creating, implementing and supervising informational workshops for international students and facilitating outreach to university departments to provide information or updates about visa requirements and benefits; providing cross-cultural training
- Developing and implementing effective international student retention strategies and programs
- Supervising the Assistant Director for International Students and Programs
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Some nights and weekends may be required
- A minimum of 5 years of prior experience working with international students/scholars required, along with demonstrated knowledge of the student/scholar visa processes
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- US Citizenship/Permanent Residence required for SEVIS maintenance
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend