Spanish Translator: Quinnipiac Poll
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 493009
Type: Part-time, Temporary
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University seeks applications for the position of Spanish Translator. The translator is responsible to accurately and productively translate surveys from English into Spanish, while ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained. This position requires working in a group setting and relies strongly on collaboration, as well as the use of resources, such as dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books to determine the closest equivalency for terminology and words used. This assignment is a part-time temporary position and requires flexible hours.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- The translator is responsible to accurately and productively translate surveys from English into Spanish, while ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained.
- Translator seeks to ensure excellence by upholding the standards of the Quinnipiac University Poll, while performing his/her duties as an Interviewer-Translator of the Poll.
- When not working on survey translation, the translator is required to make outbound telephone calls, using our CATI (Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing) system and a scripted questionnaire, to conduct public opinion surveys in Spanish or English, as required by the party answering the phone.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Fluency in speaking both English and Spanish
- Fluency in writing both English and Spanish
- Strong attention to detail
- Good general communication skills
- Familiarity with basic computer skills (MS Word, Windows)
- Ability to work in a group setting
- Ability to sit down for at least 3 hours
- Possesses a positive, friendly attitude while adapting to varied personality types
- Being able to handle/manage rejection
- Is timely and dependable.
- Able to meet quality and quantity standards of the Quinnipiac University Poll
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume and contact information for three references on the application form.
The part-time hours can vary up to 19.5 hours per week.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend