||Quinnipiac University invites applications for the position of Director for Financial Reporting and Accounting to be responsible for reporting all University Financial Information. This position oversees monitoring and managing the University’s liquidity, credit and operational risk and serves as relationship manager between Banks and Investment managers. As the Director for Financial Reporting and Accounting, you will also be responsible for ensuring that all University policies, procedures and internal controls are operating effectively.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Preparation of all University reporting, including but not limited to the following:
- Annual federal and state single audits
- Annual consolidated audited financial statements
- Annual IRS Form 990
- NCAA-required reporting
- Quarterly internal and CHEFA reporting requirements
- Board packages
- Various annual surveys (NACUBO, Moody’s, ABA, IPEDS, etc.)
- Direct oversight and management, but not limited to the following financial statement areas: cash, investments, and payroll
- Aid in oversight of the overall monthly/annual close process
- Aid in coordination of the annual audits of the consolidated financial statements, employee benefit plans, federal and state single audits, and NCAA agreed upon procedures with external auditors
- Serve as back-up liaison for external University relationships (i.e. banking, investments, and any prospective relationships)
- Develop and maintain general ledger mapping that streamlines financial reporting across the University
- Maintain control of general ledger maintenance, security and annual general ledger close process
- Develop and maintain a set of board-approved policies that define the methods allowed to manage liquidity, credit and operational risks related to excess working capital and debt
- Monitor current cash balances at least monthly to ensure compliance with bank/debt requirements, as well as balances are sufficient to meet University funding needs
- Proactively forecast year end financial statement results
- Remain current on and research all required accounting pronouncements that impact financial statement disclosures on an annual (or, as-needed) basis
- Develop, monitor and enforce all University policies and procedures related to all areas of Finance
- Ensure policies and procedures are clearly and properly displayed and communicated to all University constituents (i.e. students, faculty, and staff)
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, tools and procedures to monitor effectiveness of internal controls
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible analysis, reporting, and operational management experience in higher education or a comparably complex organization
- In-depth experience with preparation of financial reports and analysis
- Working knowledge of GAAP, GASB and FASB accounting standards, as well as IRS requirements
- Ability to research, analyze and identify any relevant risks and opportunities to the University's economic situation including both issues specific to the University, as well as those pervasive throughout higher education
- Experience preparing complex analyses and reports and ability to analyze overall financial results and detailed data quickly
- Ability to clearly and effectively present information to internal and external audiences, University constituents, and all levels of administration
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables
- Excellent project managerial and interpersonal skills
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel experience and various accounting software, including large ERP systems
- Experience with office software, including word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with complex database queries (SQL) to extract relevant data for reporting purposes is preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.