Director of Community Programming
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 492982
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University seeks applications for a Director of Community Programming. The Director of Community Programming will oversee content for the newly formed Quinnipiac Podcast Studio. The studio will support the programming needs of the University, as well as provide community-oriented programming to surrounding towns. It will serve as an academic resource, capturing content for internal and external audiences while dovetailing with 21st century communications curriculum needs. The studio will foster campus and community engagement and add creative programming for the wider Quinnipiac family. It will drive partnerships and collaborations across Schools/Colleges/University units and between students, faculty and staff.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Produce content related to Quinnipiac initiatives and matters of importance to the surrounding areas
- Nurture partnerships with local organizations and local media
- Interact with multiple university offices, including (but not limited to) public relations, integrated marketing communications, president’s office, student affairs, alumni affairs, development and admissions, as well as faculty and staff in the eight professional schools and the College of Arts and Sciences
- Audio and video post-production
- Manage relevant technology platforms to ensure content is current and meets university guidelines
- Supervise 4-6 student workers
- Be a face and voice for Quinnipiac in the surrounding communities
- Stay current with trends in digital storytelling
- Prepare and manage annual and long-term plans, schedules and budgets
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree preferred
- 5 years experience in news, public relations, or other community affairs media, in a reporter, producer or other content creation capacity.
- Strong interviewing and producing skills.
- Ability to write, produce and present media content for online distribution.
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite, and other technologies for video and audio production and distribution.
- Previous experience with audio storytelling.
- Ability to work independently with an innovative focus on program development.
- Ability to think strategically and visualize long-term plans for the center.
- Eagerness to interact with diverse groups. Multi-lingual abilities are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend