Assistant Coach, Women's Volleyball
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 492975
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University's Department of Athletics seeks applications for an Assistant Coach, Women's Volleyball to assist in program management, including coaching, administration, recruitment and coordination of a collegiate Division I Women’s Volleyball program.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu.
- Coach student-athletes, maintain a safe and challenging environment that will challenge and develop the physical, mental, and personal abilities of student athletes
- Administer and manage all phases of a competitive Division I Women’s Volleyball Program
- Assist with recruiting (on and off campus as assigned), scheduling, budget administration and team promotion
- Assist in the future development of Volleyball alumni and community relations
- Assist the Head Coach with daily/weekly/seasonal practice planning and scheduling of games
- Participate in marketing and promotional activity planning and execution
- Adhere to the highest standards of academic integrity and work in compliance with all University, MAAC, and NCAA rules and regulations
- Extensive weekend travel and supervision is required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years previous volleyball coaching or playing experience
- Proven aptitude for coaching as illustrated by a strong work ethic, organizational skills and the ability to interact professionally within the department, the campus, and the national volleyball community
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to manage a 2-3 hour practice
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and/or a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend