Field Education Coordinator, MSW Program
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 492973
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
Quinnipiac University's School of Health Sciences seeks applications for a Field Education Coordinator for the Master of Social Work (MSW) Program. In collaboration with the Director of Field Education, the Field Education Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day operational activities which support the Field Education program of the Department of Social Work.
This is a part-time, benefits-eligible, 12-month position.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Assist with the development and implementation of field education experiences for students
- Process applications for field education and coordinate placements for eligible MSW students
- Assist in the development and maintenance of field placement sites; including recruitment and mentoring of qualified field instructors
- Maintain field education records for students, field instructors and field placement sites
- Collaborate with Field Liaisons and Field Instructors on the resolution of any problems that may interfere with the successful completion of field education in consultation with the Director of Field Education
- Work with the Director of Field Education in creating and facilitating orientations for students, field instructors and field liaisons
- Utilize E*Value portal to maintain data regarding status of students and ensure compliance with field hours and evaluations
- Participate on the Field Advisory and Community Outreach Committee of the Department of Social Work.
- Prepare and disseminate the MSW field newsletter once per semester
- Participate in program promotion via attendance at open houses and orientations
- Act as designee for the Director of Field Education as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work from a CSWE-accredited program required
- Master's degree in Social Work from a CSWE-accredited program preferred
- 1-2 years of relevant professional experience required
- A minimum of one year of post-degree practice experience in the areas of health/behavioral is preferred
- Preferred experience may include one or more of the following: social work practice, serving as a field instructor or field liaison, experience with program and/or administrative support
- Possession of skills needed to facilitate field education placement opportunities for MSW students
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend