Information Security Specialist
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 492970
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
||Quinnipiac University's Office of Information Services seeks applications for an Information Security Specialist to support the University's commitment to teaching and collaboration by safeguarding information assets against unauthorized use, disclosure, modification, damage or loss.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Vulnerability scanning and remediation
- Server, end point and application configuration and patch management
- Firewall alert monitoring and reporting, rule and policy configuration
- Client and server anti-virus management and deployment;
- Forensic support to the Office of Human Resources and Department of Public Safety
- Information Security Awareness training and education
- Information security policy development
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate's degree required
- Master's degree in Information Security or Computer Science preferred
- Experience may substitute for some of the above education
- 3-5 years of related professional experience in data protection and/or cybersecurity
- Deep analytical and critical thinking skills are mandatory
- Ability to learn new emerging technologies in the field of cybersecurity
- Ability to communicate to other departments the best practices in data protection and security policy
- Excellent communications skills
- Understanding of network operations, both wired and wireless
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to work flexible hours depending upon assignments
- Occasional travel is required
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and/or a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend