Supervisor of Mail and Duplication Services
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 492966
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University seeks applications for a Supervisor of Mail and Duplication Services. In this role, you will evaluate, recommend and be responsible for overseeing, implementing and maintaining all of the University's systems associated with the processing and distribution of printed information and parcels to both on- and off-campus locations. You will evaluate, recommend and be responsible for serving as an information resource for the University community pertaining to United States Postal Service rules and regulations, including evaluating, recommending and overseeing communications and feedback systems related to such resource service. In addition, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining methods and procedures to maximize postal savings and operational efficiencies for the University. You will exercise an appropriate degree of independent discretion to perform all tasks integral to the coordination of mail and print services at the University.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Responsible for evaluating, recommending, overseeing, implementing and maintaining all of the University's systems associated with the processing and distribution of printed information and parcels to both on-and off-campus locations, including establishing and then monitoring procedures for maximizing postal savings and operational efficiencies for the University
- Responsible for operating and overseeing the operation of all equipment and computing devices associated with the processing of mail and duplication
- Develop and maintain a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with various departments of the U.S. Postal Service and other vendors
- Educate and provide guidance to faculty and staff as to the proper design and procedures of mail to maximize postal savings, including establishing communication and feedback procedures for serving as an appropriate resource
- Responsible for the maintenance and/or repair of all equipment associated with mail processing and duplication, including supervision of vendor maintenance and/or repair of all equipment associated with mail and duplication. Duties would include negotiation of maintenance contracts, the resolution of disputes over non-performance and the capability of exercising the necessary amount of independent discretion to achieve the required results
- Responsible for evaluating and maintaining appropriate material inventory levels related to mail processing and duplication
- Distribute, plan, and direct the distribution of on- and off-campus mail as required
- Act as a liaison between the University community, the U.S. Postal Service and other vendors
- Coordinate, organize and prioritize multiple multi-task projects
- Maintain project lists and related documentation necessary to ensure the proper functioning of mail services and duplication services at the University
- Supervise, instruct, manage and delegate appropriate tasks to full-time staff and student workers
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience may substitute for some of the above education
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Strong understanding of all aspects of mail requirements and regulations highly desirable
- Must have the ability to exercise independent discretion to accomplish all of the duties required in the position
- Demonstrate leadership ability with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of basic office applications
- Able to operate all equipment associated with mail processing and duplication
- Valid Connecticut motor vehicle driver’s license.
- Aptitude for mechanical ability
- Able to lift 75 pounds
- Able to stand for long periods
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend