Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 492943
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
Quinnipiac University's Health & Wellness Center seeks applications for a part-time Nutritionist. This position will provide students with education, counseling and support to develop healthy lifestyles, The nutritionist will assess needs of the students on an individual basis and as a community at large to develop and implement programs.
The nutritionist position is for 8 hours per week for 36 weeks.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Evaluate and assess student’s nutritional needs and provide necessary counseling and support
- Create a clinical nutrition treatment plan for students in collaboration with other providers
- Educate students and the Quinnipiac community regarding nutritional issues
- Consult with team members to develop appropriate management plan
- Advise and assist with special dietary needs and work with dining services and the Office of Accessibility to implement plans
- Provide education and training to students, staff and faculty
- Assist with the Annual Health and Wellness Fair
- Promote better health by speaking to groups about diet, nutrition, and the relationship between good eating habits and preventing or managing specific diseases
- Create educational materials about healthy food choices
- Bachelor's degree in Clinical Nutrition, Dietetics, Food and Nutrition, or related field required. Master's degree preferred
- Experience may substitute for some of the above education
- 3-5 years of experience as a Nutritionist or Dietitian, preferably working with a young adult population
- CT state licensure and certification required
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to research findings and translate them into practice
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and/or a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend