Assistant Coach, Men’s Lacrosse
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 492941
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University seeks applications for an Assistant Coach, Men’s Lacrosse, In this role, you will assist in program management by providing positive leadership and direction to all facets of the men’s lacrosse program in order to advance the mission of the University and the Department of Athletics. Specific areas of responsibility include assistance with coaching, recruiting and student-athlete development. You will also provide specialized leadership to defensive players and/or goalkeepers.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Adhere to the highest standards of academic integrity and work in compliance with all University, NCAA, MAAC Conference, ECAC Conference and Big East Conference rules and regulations.
- Coach student-athletes during team practices as well as home and away contests.
- Provide specialized leadership to defensive players and/or goalkeepers.
- Assist the Head Coach and Associate Head Coach with daily/weekly/seasonal practice planning.
- Assist with recruiting (on and off campus as assigned), scheduling, film, travel, budget administration, alumni/community relations and team promotion.
- Responsible for student-athlete academic oversight and monitoring.
- Communicate via email and other methods in a professional and efficient manner to assist in recruiting efforts and relationship building with community partners both on and off campus.
- Support efforts related to the development of Men’s Lacrosse alumni and community relations.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the student-athlete, passion for the game and the ability to coach and motivate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1-2 years of experience
- Collegiate-level lacrosse skills
- Effective oral and written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and computer skills
- Ability to manage a 2-3 hour practice
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend