Assistant Director of Admissions
Apply now Back to search results
Job Number: 492918
Campus: Mount Carmel - Hamden, CT
||Quinnipiac University's Office of Undergraduate Admissions seeks applications for an Assistant Director of Admissions. As part of a very successful Admissions office, the Assistant Director will participate in all phases of recruitment and admission activities: high school visits, interviews, Saturday Information Sessions, Open House programs and Admitted Student Days. With responsibilities for a particular territory, you will plan and execute high school visits, attendance at college nights, regional and national college fairs, file review, and follow up to families. Other assistance may include event planning/coordination and supervision of student workers, social media outreach and or the coordination of outreach efforts to specific cohorts of students.
||Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Fall and Spring travel with responsibility to plan and carry out visits in a particular region or territory
- Meet with students/parents and establish relationships with guidance and independent counselors
- In-office coverage for interviews, special projects, and other duties as assigned
- File review and evaluation of applicants to special programs
- Follow-up to prospects/applicants/accepted students and their families
- Other departmental functions as needed that may include but not limited to the following: event planning and supervision of student workers, social media outreach and or the coordination of outreach efforts to specific cohorts of students
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience may substitute for some of the above education
- 2-3 years of experience in admissions, preferably at a college or university.
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Slate Technolutions and Colleague are a plus
- Strong organization and communication/writing skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to interact positively with other campus offices
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and/or a commitment to diversity and inclusion
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||Quinnipiac University is considering only those applicants who have valid authorization to work in the United States. Quinnipiac University does not sponsor employment based visas for this position.
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend